year five: cowardly lions

CHAPTER EIGHT 

CHAPTER EIGHT 

❛It's what makes me brilliant.❜

The look of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry looked almost the exact same as it did the former years, however somehow it had a different feel

The look of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry looked almost the exact same as it did the former years, however somehow it had a different feel. As the students approached their school, it felt darker and less safe than it ever had before.

As Hope Lupin-Black walked into the Great Hall with her boyfriend and close friends at her side, and as they approached the long Gryffindor table, they were greeted by the warmth radiating from the floating candles. However, as much as Hogwarts felt like home, Hope still felt out of place.

"You think we're having a Quidditch season this year?" Katie Bell questioned once they all sat down. "I think I might faint if they don't."

Angelina Johnson only nodded, motioning to herself and the Lupin-Black girl. "Hope and I were appointed co-captains, so I'd assume so."

"Co-captains?"

"Yeah, it's something new."

Hope shrugged her shoulders, chewing on some leftover fudge flies. "I'm surprised they made two captains, honestly, Angie would be just fine being the captain herself."

"Are you kidding? No way," Angelina defended, letting out a booming laugh. "I'm happy you're doing this captain thing with me, you're enough like Ollie and Charlie Weasley to keep this Quidditch team going."

George Weasley groaned loudly, leaning against his girlfriend dramatically. "Not another Oliver, we do not need morning practices."

"Yeah," added Fred, narrowing his eyes at his friends. "And five days a week, at six in the morning at that."

"It helped win, didn't it?"

The younger Weasley twin only narrowed his eyes at his girlfriend, before changing the topic smoothly. "Speaking of dear ol' Wood, we need a new keeper this year."

"Sounds like a stressful job for our captains," joked Katie, who was gnawing on a liquorice wand. "Whatever you do, keep me out of the decision,"