14-Piper

When they got to the camp, Piper almost burst into tears.

Thalia's tree was no longer at the entrance to the camp. In it's place stood a thick tree stump. The Camp Half-Blood sign wasn't there either, but below the place where it had stood were multiple shredded pieces of wood.

Inside the camp was even worse. Fires were breaking out everywhere. Bodies lay on the ground. Satyrs, nymphs, counselers, friends. Over to the side of the battle, almost 1/4 of the campers were helping the Apollo cabin. The other 5/8 were either injured,or  dead. That left 1/8 battling the Romans

Piper looked over at her cabin. Or, where her cabin used to be. Now, there was nothing but a pile of ashes.

Piper turned towards Hazel and Frank, with an evil look on her face. She took out Katoptris

"You! You did this. You and your little Roman friends just decide to prance into our camp and attack helpless people, no, kids! Do you know hold youngest camper was? At the most 12!  You filthy, ruthless, malicious, disgusting Romans-"

"Piper! Snap out of it!" Leo slapped her.

Piper looked stunned for a minute. She sheathed Katoptris.

"Oh my Gods, Hazel, Frank, I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me! I swear I-"

She was interrupted by the roar of a motorcycle.

Piper turned towards the sound to find Reyna. Except she was wearing a leather jacket, and was on a motorcycle that had a piece taken out of the wheel.

"Reyna?" 

Leo looked at her like she was crazy.

"You see Reyna? I will never understand girls."

Hazel stepped up beside Piper. Frank stood beside Hazel and Alexa stood beside Leo

"No, Piper its not Reyna. Its Nemesis. Me and Leo had an encounter with her while we were looking for celestial bronze and lime."

"Does she work for Gaea?" Piper asked

"No. I don't take sides in wars. I simply came here to enjoy the show. This whole war is about revenge, just as almost every war in history was."

Piper's vision reddened with angered. How dare she talk about her camp like it was just another song she was listening to on the radio.

Hazel put her hand on Piper's arm.

"Now I know we've played this before, Leo Valdez, but I'm very curious as to know what your sister sees."Nemesis turned to look at Alexa.

"Don't look at me, you evil demon." She spat

"Well, I must go. But remember, Leo Valdez. You still have a price to pay." Nemesis vanished.

"What was that about?"  Piper asked Leo, but he didn't seen to hear her.

Then Piper remembered the war."We have to help them." she told the others.

"No. the best way to help them is to get the statue here as soon as possible."Frank argued

"Everyone will be dead by then! The Romans would've won"Piper countered.

"No, Piper, its to dangerous." Hazel insisted.

"This is our camp! Our friends, our siblings! Our second family! We can't just let them down."Leo sided.

Alexa took out her sword and her shield. She tapped the toe of her boot on the ground twice and the sole grew sharp spikes.

"Let's do this." she said, and Piper ran into the battle with Leo and Alexa at her side.

The first Roman that attacked them got a shoe in the face from Alexa. The second one Leo threw a fireball at. A minute later Hazel and Frank were fighting with them.

"We'd cover more ground if we split up"Piper decided and everyone split up.

That was her first mistake.

After stabbing about 10 Romans she broke through the main battle, to find the creek they used to play capture the flag around and a boy with blonde hair and cold eyes staring at her.

"Octavian."She snarled.

A couple of Romans ran up to her, and, when she wasn't paying attention, knocked her down.

The Romans pinned her down and one held his sword at her shoulder. Piper could see that the blade was dipped in poison. They looked at Octavian.

If Percy was here he could  use the water in the creek. He would save me.

But he wasn't. The knife came down on Piper's shoulder.