19-Frank

remeber how terrible i am at franks pov.......i think i'll do pretty good this time :)

_______________________________________________________________________________

Alexa was beautiful. The way her dark curly hair cascaded down her shoulders like a chocolate Niagra Falls, the way her brown eyes twinkled when she laughed, but also had the mark of despair and tears, secrets and hurt, all tucked away in the back of her mind. Frank hated to say it, but she was even prettier than Hazel.

Don't think about her

"Well, I guess I better start at the beggining." Alexa sighed. "Back when I was 8, there was a fire." The sadness tucked in the back of her mind seemed to emerge for a second. She closed her eyes, took a few deep breaths, and opened them again.

"I managed to escape with only a few scrapes and bruises. I wasn't worried about myself, though. When I had escaped, I couldn't find Leo in the crowd of fire trucks, police cars, and bystanders. I thought he had died in the fire. We may be immune to burns, but that doesn't mean were immune to smoke. I knew that if I stayed, Aunt Rosa would give me to the authorities, and I wouldn't be able to look for him. When I saw my Aunt walking towards me, I whistled for Axel to follow and I ran. They tried to catch up, and they almost did, but I ran inside an old abandoned barn and they never found me. After about 3 days, I was hungry and nearly dying of thirst. I checked to make sure no one was around, before I bolted to the nearest city. I walked into a bakery, and was about to buy some food when I realized that I only had about 1 dollar. When I told the lady at the counter, she asked why I didn't just ask my parents for some more money. I didn't answer. When she realized I was about to start crying she asked me where my parents were. I sprinted out the door, into an old alleyway. I hid behind the dumpster, and thought while I cried. I noticed a man coming towards me. he was about 40, wore dirty clothes, and carried a guitar case on his back. I tried to scoot farther behind the dumpster, but he reached me before I could. I was so scared. I started shaking. I knew this man was going to report me to police." She paused for a minute, as if remembering that very moment, before continuing.

"I was about to walk away when the man turned towards me.

'Did you run away from home?' He asked me. His breath smelled like cigar smoke and cofee.

It took me a while but I found my voice.

'I ran away. But I don't have a home' I replied

'Sit up straight, and stop cowering by that dumpster. A young lady like yourself should hold herself properly when talking to someone.'" Alexa cracked a smile at this, before continuing

"'Y-yes, sir' I immediately straighntened my back.

'Don't stutter. I know your scared, but if I was a police officer I would take stuttering as an immediate sign that you're either lost or you ran away from home.'

We sat their in silence for a while.

'Do you know guitar?' 

I looked at the case on his back.

'No sir' I replied confidently, even though I was screaming on the inside.

'That's better. But if you don't know guitar, how are you going to earn enough cash to eat?' he asked as he handed me a loaf of bread.

'I don't know sir.' I remembered how fancy people asked for something. 'Would you mind too terribly to teach me?'

He laughed and agreed. I learned guitar and earned myself enough money for a leather jacket and some food. I kept on playing and  made enough for new boots. Eventually I had enough for a new pair of pants. When I bought all these things, the man, his name was Eric, told me to buy something warm. I quickly discovered that leather was the warmest. I even earned enough to buy my own guitar. Eric and I became good friends. I was devistated when he died of lung cancer." She blinked a couple of tears out of her eyes, and continued.