30-Hazel

okay guys! just a warning: My story will include the Kanes. If your not ok with this comment below before I make the next chapter.

_________________________________________________________________________

Hazel would've been killed by the hellhound if Leo, Piper, and Alexa hadn't all yelled "Duck! Hellhound" at the same time, and pushed her aside when she started to ask "Why are we playing shout out random animals?"

The monster roared past Hazel, missing her by an inch. It's speed was insanely fast. As it passed by her, Hazle's hair blew in her face.

"Thanks" Hazel said weakly, with wide eyes.Leo  just nodded with eyes nearly as wide as hers.

"Hellhounds aren't supposed to go that fast." Jason pointed out.

"Yeah, Jason, we kind of noticed that." Leo told him in a voice as weak as Hazel's

"Let's keep moving." Nico broke the awed silence that had settled upon them. Hazel jumped at his voice. He had been so quiet he had forgotten about him.

They pressed on through the ruins. Before long they were ambushed again, except this time by a series of Hellhounds instead of only one.

"Okay, what's going on here?"Leo asked as Hazel's hair, once again was blown into her face. No one had time to answer that question, though, because the Hellhounds turned back around and continued their attack. Hazel counted 5 total.

The Hellhounds were getting closer.

"What do we do?" Piper yelled at Jason.

Jason took a few precious moments staring at the Hellhounds. They would be here in about 20 seconds.

19

18

17

"Jason, what do we do?" Hazel yelled

12

11

10

9

"Jason!" Piper yelled.

7

6

5

4

Jason gulped, and licked his lips.

3

2

"Run!" Jason turned on his heel and ran, followed by Nico, Leo and Alexa, then Hazel and Piper, and finally Frank, Coach Hedge, and Axel

Jason ran as fast as the wind could carry him, which was pretty fast, considering he was a son of Jupiter. He led them around turns, through crevices, and over crumbled walls. The Hellhounds were always a foot behind them, crashing through anything in their way. They ran through gates, over bricks. They kept running and running and running. Running and running. Pretty soon Hazel's mind was to exhausted from running to think anything other than Right, left. You're doing this to save your life.Right, left. Right, left, right,left...

Her sides were aching, and she was wheezing when she saw their destination. A small tunnel with bronze gates wide open. Hazel didn't think that even the Hellhounds could crush this. Feuled with a new energy, she began to run faster. She ran past Leo, who also began running faster. She ran all the way up to Jason, who had subconsciously used the air to lift him off the ground, so now it looked like he was running on an invisible floor. They were so close to the tunnel. The Hellhounds gained speed. If they didn't get into the tunnel now, they were dog chow. Hazel's Roman instincts finally kicked into gear, and as a last resort to save her life, she dived as far as possible as an attempt to make it inside the tunnel. She made it inside the gate, and a second later Leo slammed it in the Hellhounds face. The Hellhounds pounded on the iron bars, but they couldn't get through. Everyone leaned against the lunnel walls and looked at the Hellhounds in a dazed state, like when you've just finished a long run and you sit down and look at something, but you can't focus on it because you're focusing too much on breathing.

Hazel closed her eyes, and for some reason, started laughing. She must have sounded insane, but luckily she wasn't the only one. Pretty soon, Leo, Jason, and Piper caught on too.

"That." Leo gasped, still somewhat out of breath."Was epic."

"I haven't had that much action in years!" Piper exclaimed.

"Seriously, Pipes?" Jason looked at her.

"What I mean is," She gasped,"That was the first time in this whole experience that I've ever seen my life flash before my eyes."

Now everyone was laughing. Once they got their breath, Hazel looked outside. It was about 6:00 and the sky was painted yellow, orange, red, purple, blue, gold, and pink. It was chilly outside, and Hazel didn't have a jacket.

"I'll take the first watch." Leo said, watching Hazel's eyes start to close as she shivered. She scooted closer to him and rested her head on his chest. He was always so warm."You guys get some rest."

"I'll stay up with you." Jason immediately said, as Piper did the same thing Hazel had done with Leo, except on Jason's chest.

Leo shrugged. Alexa shivered and Hazel realized she had no one to curl up with. She noticed Frank sitting in against the wall and curled up with him. Frank looked kind of suprised, before saying "I'll keep watch too"

Hazel was glad that Alexa had warmed up to Frank so quickly. She had felt terrible about choosing Leo over him. Maybe he and Leo could be friends now that they're weren't fighting over her.

Hazel took one last look at the beautiful sunset, before snuggling closer into Leo's chest, and closing her eyes.

_____________________________________________________

Awwwwww!!!!! I love Lazel!!!!!!!