Part 19

Cassidy's POV

I woke up so excited. Today I got to record my first song. I ran straight into my dads room. It was only 8 in the morning but I didn't care I was super excited. When I ran in they were both still asleep. I knew letting them sleep was the right thing to do but I was too excited. I jumped right in between them on their bed.

"Cassidy" daddy groaned.

Dad put his pillow over his head to go back to sleep. Meanwhile daddy got up and walked over to their closet.

"I don't think she's excited for today" daddy said sarcastically.

"Can we do it now please daddy please" I asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Wrong dad to ask" daddy replied.

"Dad" I tried again doing puppy dog eyes.

"I'll be down in 10 minutes. Your lucky I love you. I wouldn't wake up this early for just anyone" dad said starting to get up.

I went downstairs to the kitchen. I wasn't hungry but that's where grandma was drinking tea with Aunt Lottie and Auntie Gemma.

"I see someone's excited for today" Grandma Anne said pulling me into a hug.

"She came in our room at 8 o'clock this morning to wake us up" daddy said from behind me.

"Okay I'm excited" I tell them.

"Let's go" dad said walking past us.

We all walked into the studio we have in the basement. My dads used it to record their solo stuff. They also record covers they do down here. I also use this room often to record myself and play around with the equipment.

"Okay you know what to do right?" Dad asked handing me headphones.

"Yes" I respond.

He walked behind the glass and closed the door behind him. I lowered the mic. Then dad gave me a thumbs up signaling to start. The music started playing and I started singing.

Oh-ohIf you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see
I'll be the light to guide you
We'll find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need
You can count on me like one, two, three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it, I can count on you like four, three, two
And you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh, yeah
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh, yeah, yeah
If you tossin' and you're turnin' and you just can't fall asleep
I'll sing a song beside you
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me
Every day I will remind you, oh
We'll find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need
You can count on me like one, two, three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it, I can count on you like four, three, two
And you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh, yeah
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh, yeah, yeah
You'll always have my shoulder when you cry
I'll never let go, never say goodbye
You know...
You can count on me like one, two, three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four, three, two
And you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh, yeah
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh
You can count on me 'cause I can count on you

"Count on me"- Bruno Mars

When I finished daddy opened the door and hugged me.

"I'm so proud of you" he said hugging me.

"That was amazing. I think you got daddy's voice" dad said joining the hug.

"No she got your voice Lou. You both sound like angels" daddy responded.

"As much as I love it, stop flirting lovebirds" Uncle Niall said.

I didn't know he was here. It was the bands day off and it was 8 in the morning. Personally I wouldn't come here by choice.

"When did you get here?" I asked.

"Few minutes ago. I wouldn't miss my favorite nieces first recording for anything in the world. You have amazing song writing skills" he said.

Instead of replying I gave him the biggest hug. Uncle Niall gives the best hugs, they always make me feel safe.

"So can i hear it?" Darcy said coming down.

I looked at dad with pleading eyes. I didn't know if she was aloud to hear it yet. When my dads make music we are never aloud to hear it until it was released.

"Sure but no one else can until it's released. I don't want it getting leaked" dad told her.

He pressed play and we all listened to the album. We showed the rest of the family that night. Everyone was so proud of me.

Freddie's POV

"Hey dad, have you been online at all? Or seen the articles?" I asked.

I didn't want to ruin Cassidy's night or make it about me but this was important.

"No, why? Did something happen?" He asked.

I pulled him into the family room which we rarely ever went into.

"The um press knows about my mu- Brianna coming. Which I was okay with I guess even though I didn't want it to get out to them. But then she did an interview with E! News and said she really wants to see me. They asked what she was gonna do because I wouldn't talk to her. She said she wants to file for shared custody with you but I don't want that. And tonight is Cassidy's night so I didn't want to say anything. I also don't want daddy to think he's being replaced with a mum I don't want" I started saying everything I was thinking really fast.

"Okay Freddie breathe. I know you didn't want anyone other than family to know. I'm so sorry she did that interview she had no right to. I'll call my lawyers tomorrow to ask about the custody thing. Daddy and I are your legal guardians and your parents. I don't think she can do anything unless you want her to. You also know Cassidy wouldn't care if you made a big deal out of it. She would rather you be okay with everything going on" dad calmed me down a bit.

"I wasn't eavesdropping I was coming to see if you were coming out to have cake. But I want you to know I would never feel replaced by Brianna if you ever wanted to see her" daddy said from the doorway.

"I don't want to see her but I do want cake" I said.

"I'd go get some before uncle Niall eats it all" daddy said as I ran to the kitchen.

Louis POV

"I'll have PR kill the story tomorrow morning. I'll also call my lawyers to see if there's anyway Brianna could somehow get custody. I don't think she can tho" I told Harry.

"That's a good idea Lou. For now let's go celebrate Cassidy's recording. We are leaving for tour soon so let's enjoy the less crazy life a little longer" Harry responded.

I grabbed his hand and we went to join the others.

A/N - I'm so sorry I haven't updated. I went back to school full time right after I posted last chapter. I haven't had time to write at all. Usually I have pre-written chapters but for the first time I didn't. I feel so bad for making you wait and I will be back with weekly updates.