Part 21

Cassidy's POV

1 week later

Today my first single Count On Me was coming out. I ran into my parents room but they weren't there. I checked Darcy, Freddie, and Grandmas rooms; they also weren't there. I walked down the stairs to the kitchen.

"SURPRISE" everyone yells.

I screamed.

"It comes on the radio in 20 minutes. Then you have an interview over the radio with Roman Kemp in an hour" dad said excitedly.

I screamed again this time out of excitement.

"I don't think she's excited at all," Uncle Liam said sarcastically.

"That's what we said," daddy laughed.

He took a video of me jumping up and down in the kitchen.

"We were this excited once too" daddy pointed out.

I ate some watermelon dipped in cool whip for breakfast. Even though it's not a breakfast food I wanted it.

"Cassidy, go into the office they will be listening from out here. Ready?" Dad told me.

I nod. I'm super nervous because I've never done an interview alone. I mean I'm technically just talking to Roman who I see all the time.

I sat at the table in my dad's office. The room had grey walls with all gray furniture. There's a desk in the back and a round table with chairs in the middle. I sat at the table waiting for my dads to come in.

"Okay just pretend like you're only talking to Roman. You know him, it's nothing to be nervous about. Don't say anything you wouldn't want the world to know. We'll be sitting right behind the camera" daddy tells me.

"It's all set. You're going to do great. Daddy told you everything I was going to. So let's get this started" dad said.

The camera was turned on and Roman was on the other end. He could see me and whoever was listening could hear me.

"Okay I'm here with Ms. Cassidy Stylinson who just put out her first single Count on Me. So my first question for her is, why did you write this song?" Roman jumped right into the interview.

"I wrote it about my relationship with my friends who are always there for me. There's nothing hidden behind the Lyrics or secret meaning. I've read a lot of theories on Twitter about it like I have a secret boyfriend or something but I don't" I answered.

"So no secret boyfriend? I liked that rumor" Roman laughed.

"Hahaha. No, Not allowed to date yet" I laughed.

"Did you always think you were going to become a singer slash songwriter?" He asked.

"Um I'm not sure I feel like I was always going to be something in the public eye, I just wasn't sure what. All my life has been about singing and writing music just because of the people around me growing up. But I definitely wouldn't have done it this soon without the push my family gave me" I responded.

"So did your dads help you at all with the process?" Roman asked.

"No, the songwriting was all me. The only thing they helped me with was using the recording equipment" I said.

"Okay so before we let you go we're gonna ask a few fan Twitter questions" I nodded, "so the first one is from Cassidys91, they asked 'do you have a British or American accent? I just can't tell'" Roman asked.

"I go in and out of the American and British accents when I talk in like mid conversation because I grew up around my dads who are British so I only had a British one when I was younger. But then I went to school here, in America, so I picked up that accent too. So I guess I don't have an accent I always use it just kind of switches" I answered.