Part 33

Darcy sat outside the little hangout room where Niall was talking to his kids.

"Darcy it's not polite to listen to others' conversations" Louis snuck up behind her.

"I know you wanna listen too" Darcy said scooching over.

Louis pressed his ear against the wall too.

"There is something I need to tell you guys. Please don't be mad. The press found out I have a girlfriend who lives in London before I could tell you. We have been seeing each other for about 9 months now. I didn't want to tell you just in case we broke up. I also knew you wouldn't like me dating anyone. But she's a very nice lady and I really like her. She's on her way here to meet you guys" Niall said.

"Ok" Nick sounded unamused.

"Break up with her," Grace demanded.

Louis and Darcy gasped and looked at each other in shock. They expected her to not be happy but she was demanding they break up.

"No Grace I will not. Just think about it for a bit" Niall persuaded her.

"No I won't fucking think about it dad. I don't want you dating anyone" Grace yelled.

"Grace Rose Horan, I would apologize right now. We do not swear in this family. We make sure each of us is happy" Niall said as calmly as possible.

"No dad, I want you to break up with her. Don't you love us" Grace argued back.

"It is because I love you that I haven't had a girlfriend in over 14 years. I've been a single dad to twins. I finally found a woman that I really like and you can't be happy for me?" Niall was hurt.

Outside Louis and Darcy were shocked at the exchange.

"We're going home, come on. Tonight you're going to be nice when you meet her and while she's staying with us. I promise you she's nice" Niall demanded.

The door swung open. Louis and Darcy looked at each other having been caught.

"It will be right mate" Louis patted Niall on the back.

"It better be. I was planning to propose while she was here" Niall smiled sadly.

"You still can. Just make sure you tell Grace first" Louis smiled.

"Leprechaun is finally gonna settle down" Darcy teased.

Niall rolled his eyes, "maybe."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Uncle Louis, can I stay here for a few days?" Grace asked, walking into the house with a suitcase.

"One night only. You need to be with your dad to figure this out. Also, your dad is bringing her over to meet everyone for dinner now" Louis said.

"Grace, please just see how tonight goes. If it bothers you that much then, I don't know I guess I'll break up with her" Niall pleaded.

"Fine" Grace rolled her eyes

Niall sat on the couch with Harry who was watching Friends with Louis before the interruption. Louis was watching him like a hawk until he went to the doctors. Louis pulled Grace out into the kitchen.

"I don't talk about this ever. Not even with Uncle Harry. When I was younger than you my mom started seeing my dad. You know Mark isn't my bio dad but he is my dad now. I didn't like this. I don't know why I didn't like this, not because I thought my birth dad was coming back. I think I just liked the idea of being my mom's only priority. My birth dad left when I was a few days old just like your mom. I understand what you're going through but you can't make your dad unhappy because of it" Louis told her.