Chapter 18

Taehyung's POV:

When I got home from school, I saw some guest at my house. I don't know who they are and what they doing here, but my parents are present with them. I guess it's a party.

I didn't want to disrupt them, so I head upstairs to my room.

I drop my backpack on my desk, and I proceed to my closet, getting one of the jackets.

I put it on me and closed the closet.

I want to wear this jacket since it gives me this emotion that I need.

I hope it will help me answer the homework questions, I said in my head.

When I finish my homework, I put the jacket away, and went downstairs.

I just saw my dad walking all the guests out, and mom walking toward me.

"Taehyung, I'm sorry that you had to walk in to see guests here. We had a little party to celebrate our success project."

"It's fine, mom."

"Anyway. How is Irene?"

"Umm. S-she's alright."

"By the way you look, it's not ok. Tell me what's wrong Taehyung."

I sighed.

"Me and Irene broke up. Our relationship didn't work out, and I don't love her anymore. I let her go," I confessed while keeping the hidden truth in my head.

"Oh honey. You could have told me, I would have not let you go to see her."

"It's fine mom. The past is in the past. It was great to see her last time. I can move on now."

"That's good to hear," she said before going back to father.

I turn around and went to my room.

I lie down and put my head under the pillow.

(Taehyung falls asleep)

When I woke up, I checked the time.

9:16 P.M.

I got out of my bed, and walked out of the house to get a nice break for my mind.

I walked down the street, take a right, up a hill, and then take a left into the poorest part of this neighborhood.

When I walked from house to house, I looked at the the front side of the homes, all of it is old, has broken wood pieces, paint worn out, and doors that belong to the 1960s. A replacement of the old wood, paint, and doors will keep this street to the level of the other parts of the neighborhood.

I then faced forward and kept walking.

When I reached the end of the street, it was blocked by an poor hut house.

I looked at the intricate design of the hut house.

All of it is made from old wood, with brown paint all over it, the door, having cracks at the bottom. It's the smallest house of this neighbor.

(In his mind: I swear this house needs to taken down, and be rebuild)

I went to the backyard of the place, wondering if anyone move here or not. (Author note: the house was on sell when he last seen this house)

I looked at the yard, all of the space covered with dead leaves and branches. No one bother to clean it up.

I then look up at the window.

A bright light appeared there for a few seconds before it went dark.

So, someone lives here, I said in my head.

I didn't bother to think and went to a nearest tree and climb up.

I was very careful of each step I take since I don't want to fall and break my bones.

I went to the largest branch that would support my weight. I slowly move away from the main part of the tree that holds everything.

Each step farther away from the main I take, I always wait few seconds to hold on to the branch to make sure it supports me before repeating the process again.

When I got to the window, I hop on it lightly, so I don't cause noise, and get myself in trouble.

Good thing it had a little balcony roof, so I wouldn't have fallen over, down to the ground.

I put one hand on the branch to balance myself, while the other hand will be opening the window.

When I tried to open it, it didn't budge. So, I let go the hand I had on the branch, and full force to open the window.

The window opened.

Good thing I didn't slip from trying to open the window.

I peak from the small opening from the window, I see a girl turning off the lights.

I didn't think about the consequence, and opened the window fully.

I let myself in.

I looked around.

It was all covered with pink wallpaper.

It has that modern touch to it, not like the old wooden touch I thought it was.

This was my first time seeing what's inside.

I then walked to the bed, and look at the person. I can fully see them and trying not to touch them. The figure then moved a little and had one of their arms hit me.

I panicked and started to go under the arm, but it was too late.

The person open their eyes and looked at me.

The person's eyes were so shocked that they grab their phone as fast as they can, dialing 112. They were fidgeting their hands on the buttons and didn't manage to call. I decided to take their phone, and put it on the desk.

The person were shock for what I did.

"Help!" The person shouted.

Oh shit.

I went to the person and cover their mouth.

"I won't hurt you unless you stop screaming for help. I won't hurt you. I'm just here to see the house," I said.

The person mumble under my hands, "t-hen let go of your hands."

I release my hands.

The person turn on the lights.

Oh god. To my surprise, it's the one and only
Poor Nerd.