XVI

The Safe House, December 16, 13:00. 

The troupe of villains had safely made it to their newest safe house with Y/n in hand, literally. Dabi and Shigaraki were ecstatic to finally have Y/n back, since he had become such a vital part to the league both in strategy and in the whole groups mental health; he was the light of most of their lives and him being gone brought down the mood considerably. Everyone was exhausted from the rescue efforts, so when they arrived back at their base, most of the group had taken to the floor and passed out; only Dabi and Shigaraki remained awake. 

On the hero's side of things, well to put it simply: Endeavor was pissed and taking it out on everyone around him, even though he was hospitalized. Even Hawks, who had been a fan of his for a majority of his childhood, was staying away from the fiery hero. Enraged by the escape of not only Y/n but also Dabi, Shigaraki, and countless other small villains, Endeavor started becoming more hostile with everyone who tried to reason with him. Thanks to his behavior, he earned a bit of a bad reputation with the mass media, and it only hurt his and the others' chance at making a case about Y/n. Everyone's faith in the heroes was already wavering after the retirement of All Might, and now that the story on the news was that the heroes captured and indirectly killed the wrong person, well no one was willing to listen to the heroes' claims. 

Dabi POV

Shigaraki and I broke open the marble containing Y/n and his body soon appeared in front of both of us, now unconscious. Thank god, his shoulder looks ok. It's a miracle it didn't get damaged anymore during all of that, but I guess he was pretty well protected in Compress's marble. After he saw that Y/n was ok, Shigaraki left to try and get some sleep since he was also pretty tired from everything, especially his little encounter with Endeavor. 

"Sorry there's not a real bed in here, hope the floor is ok for now." I muttered to the sleeping Y/n as I brought a blanket to cover him. I brought over a sweatshirt for him to wear since his torso only had the bandages on it, then sat there for a bit just taking in the fact that he was back here with me now. How many times have I almost lost him now? Twice? Jesus fuck I don't want that to keep happening; why is it always him? For once can something bad happen to like Spinner or someone else?! I shook my head, and was about to lay down myself to get some sleep when I saw him shiver a bit where he was laying down. He's always cold. I guess it couldn't hurt for me to help him warm up a bit- it is winter and we don't need him getting sick in addition to having a blasted shoulder. After convincing myself, I walked back over to where he was laying and got down next to him, soon wiggling underneath the blanket and wrapping my arms around his abdomen. I breathed in the signature smell of cedar/cinnamon that lingered on his neck, and it started to bring back memories of the first time we had met. With those happy memories flooding my mind, and the warmth of Y/n against myself, I drifted into a deep sleep unlike the past days with him gone. 

December 17, 10:00

Y/n POV

After all the shit that had gone on yesterday, I was exhausted so I happily slept in my marble and whenever I had gotten released from it. When I woke up this morning, I felt familiar arms around my torso and nearly shed a couple tears of relief that I was back. Touya's head was resting on the back of my neck, so I carefully turned around so that I was facing him and ran one of my hands through his mangled and dirty hair. God he needs to shower, but I guess that's kinda par for the course with him. I let out a barely audible laugh and placed a kiss on his forehead, in turn causing him to start waking up. His eyes blinked open, and when they finally settled on me he bolted into a upright sitting position and brought me into a tight hug. I happily returned the hug, and I could feel his arms slowly tightening their grip on me as if he was scared I'd disappear again if he let go.