Cat Cafe

You spend the next 2 days playing volleyball with Kenma and Kuroo and then hanging out with them after practice. At the end of the second day, aka the last day you have work in Tokyo, you take them to a small little cafe you found on your first day of exploring. They were really confused because usually you would ask them where they wanted to go but this time you just told them to follow you.

You enter the cat cafe and you pay for an hour. You texted Sato beforehand that you would be hanging out with a few of your friends after work. You sit down and a cat immediately finds itself in your lap. It's spotted with orange and black dots. It's very chill and purrs as you gently stroke it. Kuroo is playing with a pitch black cat and Kenma is playing games on his phone as a white cat rubs against his leg.

You order some drinks and you take pictures of the place and the boys. They know you're taking pictures but they don't really question it as you have been doing this for a few days now. You play with cats and joke around and after a while Kenma walks over and sits next to you.

You're a little freaked out since he has literally shown little to no interest in you from up to now (that you've noticed). You stare at him but he just continues playing with the cat in his lap. You dismiss his weird behavior and look through the pictures on your camera until you can feel him staring at you.

A little annoyed, you turn to him and look him straight in the eye. "Why are you staring at me?"

He doesn't say anything but just continues analyzing you.

"Who's the stalker now?"

"I'm not a stalker," he defends.

"I know. Just wanted to get you to do something other than stare at me. I didn't know I was that captivating. If you want a photo you could just say so you know."

He looks at you with discomfort written all over his face.

"Sorry. But seriously, why are you staring?"

"Is something wrong?"

You inwardly cringe.

He can see right through me, huh?

You sigh and get up before signaling for him to follow you. He nods and looks at Kuroo who isn't paying any attention at all. He follows your footsteps until you stop outside the door.

"I didn't want to tell you guys this just yet but I guess it can't be helped. This is gonna be the last time you see me. Whether that's for a short bit or a long time, I don't know. I guess I was just feeling kind of down."

He stares at you some more and you shift under his gaze. He sighs and sits on the floor. You do the same and you lean your heads against the wall, looking at the ceiling.

"Why didn't you just say so?"

"Didn't want to ruin the mood."

"Hey (l/n)?"

"Call me (y/n)."

"Fine. (y/n)."

"Yes?"

"Why are you so nervou to tell us? Are we...umm...a-are we..."

You glance over at him and see he's slightly blushing and fidgeting with his fingers. Not wanting to make him feel uncomfortable or rushed, you go back to looking at the ceiling and wait for him to gain enough confidence to ask you his question.

"Umm...We uhh..."

He takes a deep breath before spitting out, "Idon'tknowwhyI'maskingthisandit'sreallyakwardbutarewefriends? Isthatwhyyouweresonervoustotellus?"

You look at him and slightly giggle. He looks back at you with offense written on his pouty face and you laugh harder.

"Ah-I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm laughing. Of course we're friends. You me and Kuroo. We're all friends. Right?"

You smile and he bows his head with a slight nod. You sit in a comfortable silence again when the door opens. You simultaneously look over and see Kuroo with that black cat cradled in his arms.

"Why'd you guys ditch me?" he asks in a whiny tone.

You look at Kenma and he nods. You look back to Kuroo and can basically see a giant question mark above his head. You scoot over and pat the space where you were previously sitting. Kuroo crouches down and sits next to you. You don't speak and try to gather your courage.

When you're finally ready enough, you open your mouth and say, "This is the last time you're gonna see me in a while. I don't know when I'll see you next but I hope you guys don't forget me. I consider both of you really good friends and I hope you think the same."

Kuroo looks at you with wide eyes and his mouth hanging open. He opens and closes it multiple times in an attempt to speak but nothing comes out. Eventually he just sighs and looks at the ceiling.

"I consider you a friend too."

You smile to yourself before getting up and reaching one of your hands to each boy and hoisting them up.

"Well, that's enough sulking. Let's go back to those adorable cats."

They laugh and you all go back inside until the hour is over. You go outside and you walk with them until the point where you agree to part ways.

"Goodbye for now boys. I'll see you again sometime."

"Goodbye, (y/n)," they say together.

You smile one last time before walking your separate ways.

You get to the park where Sato is supposed to pick you up and see he's already there. You get in the car and look out the window.

"Did you have fun, (y/n)?"

"...yeah"

"That's nice," Sato comments as he nervously peeks into the rear view mirror.

"So who were your friends?"

"Some guys I met a while ago."

Some guys that I'm probably gonna miss a lot.

"Where'd you meet them?"

"In the park."

Kinda feel bad for lying but I don't wanna get in trouble.

"I'm glad you're making friends."

"Me too..."

The conversation (if you could even call it that) dies out and you ride in silence.

Hello, Dear Reader-chan!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was bittersweet to write. I already miss them 🥲

Fun Fact: Cat cafes originated in Taiwan, with one opening in Taipei in 1998.
Anyways, the next chapter is the end of the Tokyo arc so stay tuned.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, Reader-chan!

This has been brought to you by your dear Author-chan! 😌