Ch. 1

I ignored the conversation happening around me that is until my mother called me forward. I lifted my head feigning confidence as I came to stand beside my mother.

"Bloom, this is my daughter, Alira, and she will be rooming with you girls from now on," my mother said and I heard what she expected of me without her saying anything out loud. She wanted me to spy on Bloom for her. I gave the group a smile putting on the act my mother wanted.

"It's great to meet you guys," I said to them. I could feel the anger radiating off Bloom and her friends as they looked at me. I fought the urge to frown at their reaction knowing my mother wouldn't like it if I was mean to them. I watched as Bloom's friends headed inside the building leaving Bloom to speak with my mother.

I debated what to do for a second before deciding to follow Bloom's friends who I had yet to learn the names of. Surprisingly, they slowed down to let me catch up. Once I was sure we were far enough away from my mother I decided to tell them my stance on what just happened.

"Look guys I know you probably don't trust me like at all which is smart considering my mother made me your room mate to keep an eye on you but just know I don't have the best relationship with her and while I will look like what she wants when I'm around her I won't go out of my way to out you guys to her as long as I have your word you won't tell her that I knew what you were doing," I said as we entered what will be my room while I'm at Alfea. The blonde fairy glanced at me then at a girl wearing headphones.

"She's telling the truth, I'm Musa," the girl with headphones said shaking my hand. "I'm a mind fairy if you couldn't tell."

"I am a mind fairy as well," I smiled excitedly finally being around someone with the same type of magic as me. I could see she felt the same. We didn't have to keep up fake joy and constantly feeling the thoughts and emotions from those around us.

"I'm Stella," the blonde spoke once more. "I'm a light fairy." I nodded before turning my attention to the brunette beside me.

"I'm Terra, an earth fairy," she smiled softly at me. Then came the one who still didn't seem overly thrilled with my presence.

" I'm Aisha," she said before walking off. I sighed as her irritation hit me but I ignored it facing the three that seemed fine with me. I opened my mouth to say something when a pissed off fire fairy stormed in glaring at me. I winced at her and I felt Terra take my hand giving me another thought to focus on while Stella and Musa explained everything I said moments ago. I felt her anger fade as she took in my anxious expression.

"I'm sorry I just thought you would be more like Beatrix," Bloom said giving me a soft smile.

"It's okay, you have every right to distrust me," I said as the image of Farah dropping dead flashed in my mind though luckily it seemed as if Musa had problems with separating feelings from actual thoughts.

"Look I don't know how much you know about what your mom is planning but it seems like she wants us to be doing a lot of combat which could hurt a lot of people," Bloom said as I nodded sadly. I had a feeling she would have us do something like that. She wasn't particularly nice seeing me for the first time since I was little and they way Andreas brought us up was very combat oriented.

"So what do you plan to do about it?" I asked her softly. "It's not like any of us are trained to the level to take down her and Andreas. Plus it seems Solaria is on her side."

"I don't care we will teach ourselves what we need to know or somehow find where headmistress Dowling went," Bloom said without missing a beat. I frowned but knew she was right we couldn't just cave to whatever my mother wanted with trying to resist in some way. I regretted not trying to save Farah in the woods and so I would help Bloom as best I could.