Ch. 12

I stood in the stone circle my hands on the vessel. The familiar calm washed over me but it didn't last as I heard a chilling voice behind me.

"Alira, look who I found," Rosalind said as I spun around. There she was, Farah with magical binds on being held in place by Rosalind's magic. "It's time for you to take your place beside me. Kill her." My heart raced as my blue eyes met Farah's dark eyes. My throat felt closed as I stared at the woman who I had come to care for. I couldn't hurt her but I also knew I couldn't stop whatever Rosalind had planned for the both of us.

"I thought you had already killed her," I managed to get out as my eyes drifted back to Rosalind. Her blue eyes started glowing as anger filled Rosalind at the question. I gasped as a jolt of electricity rushed into my body. I hit the ground to find Beatrix holding my wrist causing the brief moment of pain.

"Thank you Beatrix," Rosalind said as Beatrix practically skipped over to stand beside Rosalind. I breathed heavily for a few minutes before getting to my feet shakily. "Are you ready to do as I asked without questioning? I have given you everything and this is how you repay me, by second guessing every decision I make?" Anger of my own flared as I looked at the woman telling me she gave me the world when in actuality she destroyed any chance I had at happiness. She wasn't my mother and she never would be. I took another glance at Farah and I could see her pleading with me not to fight Rosalind. Even now Farah cared more about me and my safety than her own. I couldn't hurt her and so my blue eyes filled with defiance as I glared at Rosalind.

"I will never be what you want me to be!" I spat my eyes going white as my magic hovered across my hands.

"Pity." Rosalind waved her hand and Farah dropped dead to the ground. Burned Ones filled the stone circle as Rosalind smirked. "Good luck," and with those two words her and Beatrix vanished leaving me to face the Burned Ones alone.

I gasped sitting up sweat dripping off me. Tears gathered in my eyes at the horrific dream. It was awful seeing Farah die again and again I hadn't been able to save her even if it was just a dream. I threw the covers off before heading into the bathroom. I hopped into the shower letting the cold water splash against my skin pulling me out of my own head.

I focused on the feeling of each drop of water crashing against my body. How it felt when the cool water dropped down my body and to the floor. It allowed the dream to drift to the back of my mind. After I had fully pushed my nightmare away I stepped out of the shower pulling on jeans and a dark blue tank top. I then slipped into my black boots before I exited my room. I smiled at Stella who was sitting on the couch apparently waiting for me.

"Morning," I said as Stella got to her feet.

"I thought I would wait for you before going for breakfast," she said as I grinned.

"Let's go," I said rushing to the door. Stella followed me as I stepped out of the suite walking to the cafeteria. I grabbed some pancakes and sausage before sitting down with the rest of the suite. Stella took the seat beside me with some yogurt and fruit. The nerves in my friends were obvious but I tried my best not to pay attention to that for the moment. I wanted a peaceful breakfast if possible.

"Stella, have you heard anything from your mother since she left?" Bloom asked as Stella froze mid bite before she plastered a smile on her face though her eyes held a deep pain.

"No I haven't. She doesn't usually reach out until she is coming to oversee my progress," Stella said simply as if her mother's lack of concern didn't phase her. I knew differently but I also knew Stella didn't want anyone to know so I left it alone.

I felt a wave of darkness slap against my magic causing a shiver to rush across my body. My head looked up scanning the room for what I felt. There stood Rosalind smirking at everyone in the cafeteria from next to Andreas.