Ch. 3

I debated the risk with moving closer to my mother before deciding it was my best chance to hear her unfiltered opinion. I stayed cloaked as I walked carefully into ear shot of the three people who seemed to despise me.

"I am shocked Alira and Stella came out of the Burned One simulation without a scratch," Beatrix said with a smirk. "Obviously Alira has no experience and Stella well she is the reason Luna handed over the school seeing as Stella can't make more light magic than a rainbow."

"She has a natural ability with her magic Beatrix. She takes after her mother in her magic," Andreas said as my brows furrowed. My mother wasn't a mind fairy.

"It's true I wouldn't have taken her if she wasn't naturally gifted," my mother said. Her words hit me as a tear fell down my cheek. Was Rosalind my mother? The way she was talking about me made it seem like she wasn't my mother which would explain why she was so harsh and controlling the moment I met her.

"Do you think she will fall in line? She seemed awfully close with the Winx girls already," Andreas questioned as Rosalind frowned.

"She will have to. If she does one thing to defy me I will take care of her powerful or not," Rosalind spat as I turned walking away from them as fast as I could. I reached the suite storming in the door slamming behind me. All of the girls turned towards me as my cloak washed away and they saw how upset I was.

"Whoa," Musa muttered struggling to detach from my emotions. "Guys I can't could you calm her?" Musa asked before leaving the suite and getting as far from my out of control emotions as possible.

"Okay Al, what's happening?" Stella asked being the first to come over to me.

"I was walking back through the school cloaked and I saw Rosalind speaking to Andreas and Beatrix," I said my voice rising filled with anger as tears coated my cheeks. "I don't think she's my mother!" I said as Bloom's eyes widened at me while Stella pulled me into her arms.

"I promise we will figure this out," Stella said firmly while everyone else nodded in agreement.

"Bloom is also trying to figure out who her parents are so we can work together to figure it out," Aisha said and I felt her emotions were nothing but caring.

"Thanks guys," I said as they all smiled before pulling me into a group hug. When we stopped hugging Terra grabbed her phone.

"I'm going to text Musa that she can come back now," Terra said as I laughed slightly.

"Tell her I'm sorry. I really shouldn't have came back so unfocused I'm sure my emotions were a lot," I said as Terra shook her head.

"It's okay I'm sure Musa understands," Terra said firmly.

"She's right," Musa said entering the room. I could tell she wasn't mad just concerned which made me smile at her. "So now that you aren't blasting me with random emotions do you want to tell me what triggered you?"

"Look short version is I don't think Rosalind is my mother which means I have no idea where I'm from," I said keeping my mental barriers up so none of my emotions slipped into Musa's mind.

"So now we have Bloom and you who need to find your parents all while trying to stop Rosalind for killing everyone," Musa said as I nodded. "Great."

"Now that I know about Rosalind I'll have to be even more cautious. She will have little sympathy for me if I don't do what she asks," I stated as Stella frowned.

"We need to give you something to bust us for," Bloom said as I raised my brow.

"How without you guys getting hurt?" I asked her. Bloom smiled knowingly.