Ch. 25

"I see Bloom had no idea you followed her," Rosalind said amusement in her blue unfeeling eyes.

"Couldn't very well let you push her around now could I?" I sniped at Rosalind without missing a beat. "Now that I'm here. Where are here parents?"

"The barn," she supplied as Bloom and I locked eyes. Without a word to each other Bloom ran off while I stayed put with my eyes dark as I watched Rosalind. I wasn't scared of her I just hoped she hadn't lied to Bloom. "I see the time you've had with Farah has done you some good. You aren't letting others fight for you anymore."

"Don't mistake how I acted before as weakness," I replied coolly not shifting my gaze from the woman. "I see time on the run has made you cocky. You honestly think I'll just go with you?"

"You don't have much choice. Until we step through this portal Bloom won't be able to reach the barn. Andreas won't allow her to," Rosalind gloated making a portal. "If she tries to take her parents before we leave, the Burned One we have waiting nearby will be freed." Bloom had defeated many Burned Ones but she had never tried to kill a Burned One and protect two people who weren't trained for this fight. Rosalind was right I didn't have much choice.

"Fine," I snapped at her as she motioned for me to the portal. I stepped through the portal first with Rosalind right behind me making sure I actually left with her and preventing my retaliation. My lips pressed together into a thin line as the room came into view. I was back at the house I grew up in and there on the couch Beatrix smirked at me.

"Oh shit," she muttered a smile playing at her lips as she took in my appearance getting to her feet. "I can't believe you were stupid enough to leave the safety of Alfea."

"Well, I wasn't about to let Bloom lose her parents," I stated seconds before Rosalind grabbed hold of my wrist sending electricity into me. I winced in pain but stayed standing. My own magic rushed to the surface dampening Rosalind's so the pain wasn't as intense.

"You're stronger," Rosalind murmured before dropping my wrist to slap me across the face. I gasped touching my stinging cheek before glaring at her. "I'll enjoy breaking you. I haven't yet but if you are like your mother you will soon."

"Good luck," I spat out just to piss her off. It worked as Rosalind's face to hardened at my open defiance of her.

"You won't be able to portal away. We have ruins that will prevent you from leaving," Rosalind informed me before Beatrix walked closer to me coming to a stop beside Rosalind.

"If I were you I'd do as Rosalind asks," Beatrix said her voice posh and her eyes glittering with joy seeing me trapped in the one place I never wanted to be.

"Go to your room," Rosalind said simply her blue eyes barely looking at me.

"Yes Alira, go to your room," Beatrix mocked as I held my tongue heading up the stairs to my old room. I was in the house Rosalind had Andreas raise Beatrix and I but it didn't feel like home. My home was wherever my parents were and yet again I was ripped from them. Guilt hit me as I sat on my mattress staring at my white walls. I had inflicted pain to them again. The loss of me had all but destroyed them last time and I could only imagine what they were feeling now.

I took a shaky breath pushing my feelings deeper into me so I didn't have to pay them any attention. Emotions were good but not with Rosalind around. She preyed on people's emotions and punished a person with them. I refused to let her use my own feelings against me. I moved towards the window gazing out at the sight that used to bring me peace but now only brought longing and disappointment. I wanted my parents but that wasn't an option.

I sighed walking back to my bed grabbing my old stuffed animal. The only thing that was remotely normal in my childhood. I crawled into my bed clinging tightly to the small purple bear that brought me comfort during my darkest days in this house.