Ch. 22

"Mom," I heard Stella state causing Luna to look back into the school where Stella was lingering. "Sorry Miss Dowling said you wanted to see me." Luna glanced at me as if checking I was okay to end our conversation.

"I'll just head off. Queen Luna thank you for the information and I will definitely take it into account when I make my decision," I said giving her a friendly smile.

"Your welcome, Brielle," she said using my real name. I turned walking through the building towards my mother's office. I slowed my walking knowing I wanted to think. Luna was right in the fact that Saul wouldn't let me down now that I've proven I'm actually Brielle but could I get out of my own way to allow that to happen. I reached my mother's office and surprising the door was open. I walked to the doorway and found Saul and my mother speaking. It seemed as if they had been talking for a long time.

"Brielle, she had Ben test us and she is our little girl," my mother said coolly. "Now, what do you plan to do with this information?" His shock hit me like a truck which only further proved he hadn't thought it was possible for me to be alive which sent another burst of guilt through me.

"I don't think there is much I can do Far," he said rubbing his face with his hands. "I screwed up Farah and if our daughter is anything like us she won't let me in easily after how I treated her." Another wave of guilt. Guilt; both mine and his so intense I had to take deep breaths to keep myself calm.

"Saul, she may be angry now but I don't think she will keep you out forever," my mother informed him. "I have spent a great deal of time with her and she has a big heart. She's stubborn but usually pretty fair about it."

"How do I start?" He asked and the desperation was clear in the way he spoke. I had made my decision in a split second.

"By saying hello," I said catching both of their attention. He whipped towards me his jaw dropping as I smiled softly at him. I couldn't stand to hurt both of us by arguing with him anymore. "I had every intention of rejecting you as my father but after I took the test I second guessed myself. It was Luna who helped me come to a final decision about if I should accept you Saul."

"Brielle, I'm sorry I shouldn't have been so mean to you. Even if you weren't truly mine I had no right to speak to you that way," he said his blue eyes swirling with shame.

"Look, what you said was horrible but I don't want to dwell on it or let it stop me from having what I always want. I want a good relationship with you and I don't think you will let me down," I said as a smile grew on his lips at my words. "You are my dad and I love you even when we are fighting."

"Oh Brie," my mother said as she looked between my father and me with a happy glow. This was the first time she had truly seen Saul accept his role as my father. I hesitated but eventually crossed the room throwing my arms around my dad. He stiffened before wrapping his arms around me.

"I promise kiddo, I will make it up to you," he whispered before kissing the top of my head. I smiled into his shirt letting his words fill me.

"I know dad," I said firmly as he pulled me closer. We stayed like that for a few minutes before I pulled away facing my mother who had a loving gaze as she looked between us.

"What do you say you and I take a walk?" My dad asked me as I glanced at him.

"Okay," I said letting him lead me from the room. I gave my mother a glance before I exited the office following behind my father. We decided to walk around the outside of the school. I was close to him but made sure there was enough space between us so there was no chance I would accidentally bump him.

"Look, Brielle, I'm sorry," he said as I glanced at him.

"Stop feeling guilty. What you did can't be undone but continuing to feel this way only hurts us both. I can feel your emotions remember," I said teasing him with the last line trying to get him out of his head. He gave me his signature smirk as he looked at me from the corner of his eye.