Ch. 2

I stood frozen in Farah's arms not used to the warmth and comfort a hug brought. Andreas wasn't a hugger and Beatrix couldn't care about anything other than freeing my mother. I don't know what it was about Farah but I felt calm in her arms and like nothing could hurt me. I didn't want the embrace to end but eventually she let go giving me a sharp look.

"You are not at fault for your mother's actions. You are a child and you are untrained. There wasn't anything you could do," she told me firmly leaving no room for arguing. I smiled sadly at her. She was the only adult I met who seemed to care about the well-being of others. She didn't want anything for herself just peace for everyone else.

"Thanks," I said weakly as she smiled.

"You should head back before Rosalind notices you absence," Farah said after a moment. "I will most likely still be here should you need my help."

"Thank you Ms. Dowling," I said as she nodded.

"It will be okay," she tried to reassure me. "Rosalind may be powerful but we have something worth fighting for." I hugged Farah one last time before pulling away and leaving the barn. I rushed back through the woods and through the barrier. I cloaked myself in case anyone was patrolling the halls as I headed straight back to my room. Once in my room I dropped the magic.

"Sorry it took so long," I said to the group as Terra smiled at me.

"It's okay we all need space, trust me," Stella stated as the rest started giggling. "Well since Rosalind wants us up at dawn I think we should head to bed."

"Good idea," I said suppressing a yawn as I wandered to the open bed flopping onto it. I took my jacket off before curling up on the mattress. I drifted to sleep quickly falling into a deep memory filled sleep.

"Andreas can you tell me about my mom?" My four year old self begged him yet again. He groaned before pulling out a picture of Rosalind, my mother.

"This is your mother," he said as my eyes looked at the picture of a woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was stood in front of what looked like an army of people. "She was our leader. She fought really hard to keep you safe and she loves you very much."

"Where is she?" I asked looking up from the photo.

"She was locked up by someone who didn't understand that people make sacrifices in war," Andreas said and I could see he was done with this conversation so I handed the photo back before curling up to go to sleep.

I was now 14 and it was the day Beatrix was leaving. I sat on the railing of our deck while Andreas gave her a tight hug. I couldn't help the bitterness bubbling up inside me that she gets to leave and gets this emotional send off and I was stuck here with Andreas where I was basically ignored.

"If you need anything you have the number to my phone as well as a place to send letters," Andreas said as she smiled at him.

"I will don't worry. Rosalind will be free soon I promise and Dowling and Silva will pay for everything they did," Beatrix said not once giving me a glance before she used her magic to open a portal to Alfea. She stepped through leaving me alone with Andreas.

"Go to your room," he snapped harshly and I scrambled off the railing away from him.

I woke up to Bloom shaking me.

"Class starts in an hour," she said as I nodded. I got up realizing I didn't have any of my clothes from home I looked at Bloom who already was handing me jeans and a tank top.

"Thanks," I said as I shut the door pulling them on. I then slipped on my favorite jacket before I headed out of the suite with the rest of the girls. Bloom walked with Stella while I stuck close to Musa. We headed over to the specialist area where we found my mother and Andreas waiting. Her eyes drifted to me and that cold smile graced her lips as she called me to her. I walked away from Musa careful to hide some of my thoughts so my mother wouldn't know about Farah or my deal with my new friends.