Ch. 29

A few weeks had passed and not much had changed. I still felt pain and had no ability to access my magic. We also had yet to hear from Rosalind and Andreas which put me on edge. I had eventually convinced my parents to let me walk around without a Solarian guard since I was pretty safe at the school.

Classes had resumed and despite not having magic I sat in on classes to observe. I watched as the first years tried to focus their magic instead of just using it.

"You need to think about what you want to happen. Feel it in every inch of your body and the rest will follow," my mother said striding around the room. I sat beside Bloom as she conjured up a ball of fire that eventually took the shape of the butterfly she had been trying to make.

"Whoa," I smiled bringing my finger up to it. My body relaxed as the butterfly landed on my finger but didn't burn me.

"Why isn't it burning you?" Bloom asked before the butterfly vanished as her concentration broke.

"I," I trailed off as I looked over at my mother. She had the same perplexed expression on her face as I did.

"Nice work everyone. Class dismissed," my mother said before she moved over to our table. Once everyone had cleared out she turned to Bloom and me.

"I have no idea what happened," I said as my mother looked between Bloom and me.

"It's possible that you have a bond. Fairies with similar levels of magic sometimes connect better that other fairies which could explain why Bloom's flames didn't harm you," my mother informed me as I furrowed my brows. Her explanation didn't make sense.

"I don't have access to my magic so how is it anywhere near Bloom's level of magic?" I questioned as my mother frowned.

"I don't know but I think you both should see how deep your magical connection is. Would you both be open to a private session with me?" My mother asked as I nodded. It's not like I was busy. Bloom hesitantly agreed as well. "Great, I think every other day would work that way you aren't overwhelmed and distracted from your studies. We can start tomorrow."

"Okay, thanks mom," I said with a smile as I turned grabbing my backpack. "We should go or we will miss lunch."

"I'll see you later Brielle," she said giving me a warm smile before Bloom and I left her classroom. Once we were out of hearing range I looked to Bloom.

"Wanna try it now? We could go to the stone circle," I said as Bloom nodded.

"Hey, do you think maybe the vessel could help heal your magical core?" Bloom asked as we walked side by side towards the stone circle.

"It makes the pain worse so I doubt it," I said sadness swirling in my blue eyes. As we walked in silence an idea came to me causing me to freeze in place. Bloom noticing I had stopped moving turned to me with a questioning look on her face.

"What?" She asked as I looked at the fire fairy.

"You can heal with your fire magic right?" I asked as she nodded confusion flickering in her green eyes. "What if your magic could fix mine?"

"How?" She asked as I bit my lip before grabbing her hand basically running the rest of the way to stone circle. Once we reached it I felt the ache inside me grow but again I ignored it looking to Bloom.

"We combined our magic before with the barrier and it burned through my magical core but what if you used your healing magic when we combined our power?" I asked as she gave me a skeptical glance.

"What if I lose control?" She asked as I shook my head.

"You won't Bloom. I trust you not to lose control. It's my only chance. My magic is still just as damaged as it was the day I returned but this could work," I said my blue eyes pleading with her to try. "Please don't run from your power."