Ch. 19

I walked through the school ignoring the students as I reached the Specialist area. I found my father talking to Sky. I didn't mean to listen in but I found myself wanting to know what they were talking about.

"Sky, I don't care about Andreas, you are my son whether or not you are biologically mine," my father smiled at Sky. I felt a rush of jealousy running through my veins as I watched Sky get the love I wanted from my father. "You are nothing like Andreas." My father said giving Sky all the reassurance he needed.

"Thanks Silva. It means a lot to me," Sky said and I could feel the love radiating off him, the love I hadn't felt from him yesterday. "How are you holding up? I heard Rosalind tried to kill Alira."

"I'm fine," he said sharply his smile falling. "I just, I am worried about Farah."

"Why?" Sky asked as tears pooled in my eyes. I knew what was coming but when I finally heard it my heart shattered.

"Rosalind told Farah Alira was our child. I think Farah wants it to be true so badly she won't consider that Rosalind might have lied. Alira could be just another way to hurt her," my father said as a tear rolled down my cheek. "I don't want Alira to hurt Farah." The last comment sent a mixed wave of anger and sadness through me.

"So you don't believe me?" I asked breaking into their conversation before I could stop myself. "You think I would just play along if it wasn't true, to hurt Farah?! I faced down Rosalind to protect you both and yet you think I would follow Rosalind's lead still." The tears were freely rushing down my cheeks as I looked at my father. The hurt I felt was deep and in some ways I knew he was justified in his hesitation but on the other it hurt so much. He didn't trust me enough to know that I was his daughter. He thought I was still Rosalind's pawn even after I almost died to stop her.

"Alira," my father started but I cut him off. I couldn't stand to hear more of his excuses for looking at me the way he currently was.

"I get that this is hard for you but I am struggling. I grew up being told I'm unwanted and now you are acting like you think I shouldn't be here," I spat out. "I just want to feel like I'm important to someone but clearly I won't be getting that from you." With that I turned on my heels storming away from my father.

I hadn't thought about where I was going but I found myself standing in the stone circle bawling my eyes out. Tears coated my face and my magic itched to be used. I was so angry and hurt by my father's doubts. I just wanted to speak to him but he didn't believe I was his child despite my mother knowing it to be true. I shut my eyes focusing on my magic trying to reign in my pain before I lost control. When my eyes opened they glowed white as I put my hands on the vessel letting my powers flow out of my body safely. The pink hue created above the vessel brought me back under some control though the sadness lingered. I felt so alone in this moment and any hope I had been holding out that my father cared for me was gone.

"Brielle," my mother's voice broke through the silence. I had been so focused on my powers I hadn't noticed her arrival. I took my hands off the vessel looking at her. The concern was clear on her face as she took in my reddened eyes and my wet face. "What happened?" She asked as I broke down sobbing again. She closed the gap pulling me into her arms as I cried. "I got you." She whispered running her fingers through my hair while holding me tightly with her other. "Brielle, it's okay. I am not leaving you ever."

"Saul hates me," I whimpered out as she froze for a moment before continuing to run her hand through my hair to soothe me. "He told Sky he doesn't think I'm Brielle and that I'm going to hurt you." My mother stepped back slightly using her fingers to wipe my tears from my cheeks. I saw her pain as she took in the sadness swirling in my blue eyes. Pain that only Saul could fix.