Ch. 10

I spent my next few days trying to get any rest I could but I still had the binds on and they refused to let me get even a moment's rest. I had deep purple bags under my eyes and Stella was quick to mention it.

"Alira, are you okay? You look like death," Stella said as the rest of the girls looked at me closely. I sighed sitting on the couch.

"Look it's the magical cuffs. Apparently prolonged use has consequences like almost zero sleep," I said bluntly. "Bloom has Sky gotten the stuff from Riven? I don't know how much longer I can last like this." It was the first time I had spoken directly to Bloom since she fought with Rosalind.

"He is trying but Riven either hid it well or he gave it back to Beatrix," Bloom said as tears rushed down my face. The fatigue made my emotions more pronounced and obvious to onlookers. Stella was the first to wrap me in her arms trying to help calm me.

"I'm sorry it's just a lot," I muttered sadly feeling so pathetic and useless.

"Bloom, this is probably not the greatest idea but could you melt the magical binds?" Stella asked as I nodded. At this point I didn't care how much it hurt I needed them off. Bloom stared at us with wide eyes filling with fear.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Bloom started. "My magic isn't something I know much about and it could strengthen the cuffs rather than weaken them."

"God I'm just so tired," I breathed out as Musa took my hand.

"I can feel it," she informed me.

"I'm sorry," I hated making Musa feel my emotions but I was too exhausted to throw a wall up to spare her from feeling it. "I'm going to go for a walk see if it helps clear my head." I told her not wanting to subject her to me anymore plus I wanted to see if Farah was back. She was the only person I hadn't asked about the cuffs yet.

"Are you sure that's a good idea in your state?" Aisha asked with a raised brow.

"I'll be fine," I dismissed her concern as I got to my feet ignoring the wave of dizziness washing over me. I made my way away from the girls with caution trying not to show how weak I truly was. I walked through the school and out of the building crossing the barrier. I paused by a tree breathing heavily before I continued deeper into the woods. I reached the barn stumbling inside. I gasped as I was pinned to the wall quickly. My eyes found a man with dark hair and blue eyes holding my body against the wall.

"Saul it's okay," Farah said instantly and he let go of me. "This is Alira, the girl I told you about." Farah said as Saul moved to stand beside Farah.

"Sorry, it's a habit," he said as I nodded weakly.

"It's fine," I said as Farah's dark eyes looked at me. Her lips parted slightly as she looked at me and I could see her eyes glimmering white probably because my emotions and thoughts weren't being held back by my barrier as often as they were before.

"You look sick," she said worry in her voice as she stepped towards me.

"I am," I said softly. "I can't use my magic and I haven't been able to since the day Luna arrived."

"What do you mean?" She asked as tears pooled in my eyes again. I almost didn't want her to see them but I found myself taking off my jacket. I left the jacket on the ground and heard Farah take a sharp breath while Saul's eyes filled with sadness.

"What type of fairy are you?" Saul asked as Farah took my arm inspecting the cuffs with a teary expression.

"She's a mind fairy Saul. I can't believe Rosalind would use these. They are barbaric for most fairies but with mind fairies it can kill them," Farah said as my breath caught in my chest.