Ch. 13

Terra wasted no time rushed off to get the fire fairy. My arm trembled as the magic flowed out of my hand. My energy was rapidly depleting but so far the barrier was holding. A tear fell down my cheek as I breathed heavily picturing my friends to give me more strength.

"Alira," Bloom gasped pausing mid step to watch me in awe.

"I can't hold it," I told her as she glanced at me. "I have an idea but it could hurt a lot of people. We need to combine our powers. My barrier with your fire. I can slowly push the barrier into the Burned Ones once your fire magic is added."

"How?" She asked as I gave her a sad smile not sure if I would survive this. Combining magic was dangerous especially untrained but we were screwed either way. I shut my eyes letting my powers enter Bloom rushing through her to find the dragon flame. Once I had I created a path through my own body. I gasped at the burning pain filling my body but didn't say anything. "It's working." Bloom stated as I expanded the shield hearing as the Burned Ones started to drop dead.

"I can't hold it," I said as I swayed on my feet. Bloom rushed forward as the connection snapped and I collapsed into her arms slipping into unconsciousness.

I heard the soft humming of a lullaby and it made me feel safe. A warmth spread across me as a person rocked me slowly continuing to sing the soft lullaby and soon I was smiling.

My eyes fluttered open and I found I was in the greenhouse. Terra jumped up her eyes widening.

"Dad," she called out as her father rushed over to me.

"Easy," he said as I moved to get up. "I need to make sure you are alright. You used a lot of magic, dangerous magic, you are lucky to be awake."

"I'm fine," I tried to dismiss but gave up when I saw Terra glare at me. I sighed as her father used his magic to get a read on mine.

"It seems your magic is completely unharmed," he said puzzled. "From what Bloom described there should have been some damage."

"Well there isn't," I said as the lullaby echoed in my head on a loop. I ignored it as I met his concerned gaze.

"Are you in any pain at all?" He asked me. I wanted to say no but the way Terra stared at me I couldn't lie.

"My entire body feels like a raw nerve," I muttered as he frowned.

"You might have exposed part of your magic in combining with Bloom. Clearly this won't be permanent but you will be sore for awhile," he said as I groaned. I hated that answer especially when I knew Rosalind would be looking for me.

"Can I get up now?" I asked flatly as he shook his head an exasperated expression on his face.

"Fine but drink this," he said firmly before handing me a weird liquid.

"What is it?" I asked him my eyes staring at the brownish green substance.

"It speeds the magical healing process. If you use your powers it will most likely hurt," he said when he saw I was going to try to read his mind.

"Please just drink it Alira," Terra begged as her father's eyes widened slightly.

"So you are Alira," he muttered as I nodded before chugging the liquid gagging once I finished it. The drink was definitely not something I would ever ask for. "Terra could you give me a moment with Alira?" Terra's father asked softly looking to his daughter.

"Sure," she smiled exiting the greenhouse. My blue eyes met his as he stared at me.

"I'm sorry I hadn't realized who you were before now. Farah speaks highly of you," he said as my lips parted before it clicked.