Ron Weasley

Title: Hermione's Always Right

Pairing: Ron Weasley x Hufflepuff!reader

Summary: Ron likes you. You like Ron. What happens when you end up describing him in Amortentia potion in Potions?

Word Count: 1.8k

Ron Weasley.

To other people, he might just have been seen as Harry Potter's best friend or another Weasley, but to you? He was so much more than that. He was funny, loyal and quite smart despite what people thought. You thought he was brilliant. Yeah, you were in deep. To say you fancied him would be putting it lightly and no matter how often your friends said that he would be mad to not feel the same you didn't do anything about it.

Could you imagine getting rejected? You could, vividly. Every time you were almost convinced to just go for it and tell him how you feel, your mind flooded with scenarios of him rejecting you and Harry and Hermione laughing at you. Yes, you knew that if he did reject you it wouldn't be done cruelly but since when did the mind act rationally when you fancied someone?

So this is where it left you. Only seeing him in the classes you shared and occasionally talking to him and sharing smiles. This year, you had advanced potions and you hoped you would be able to see him more. Ron wasn't great at potions but you always thought that was more Snape than him. You still held out hope you would see him there.

For the first time ever, you were excited to go to potions. You worked very hard on your OWLs last year to get an Outstanding OWL to proceed into advanced potions seeing as Professor Snape only allowed students with the highest scores into the advanced class. In the end, your hard work paid off. You and Ernie MacMillan were actually the only Hufflepuffs who got in. You weren't surprised Ernie got an Outstanding OWL seeing as his studying habits last year were on the boarder of going absolutely mental.

To make matters even better, Snape wasn't teaching potions anymore. The new professor was supposedly very different from your previous potions master, which you were hoping was true.

Walking into advanced potions with your fresh copy of Advanced Potions under your arm, you felt your eyes involuntarily widen. Professor Slughorn was definitely quite different from your previous potions master. With his cheery smile that brought up his walrus mustache and his brilliant robes you knew he was probably the exact opposite of Professor Snape. Yes, his smile was very different than Snape's signature sneer and his robes couldn't have been more different from Snape's dreary black ones. You had to wonder how these two people could have been placed in the same house. Never mind any of that about the two potion masters differences when you caught a flash of red hair. Ron.

You turned around to offer him and Harry both a smile seeing as they looked rather frazzled. "Ron, Harry. Hi." You said trying to not make it obvious your attention was more focused on the former.

Ron's neck and ears had tinges of red, which made you wondered if he had been blushing. Because of you? Yeah, you wished. He was probably just in a rush. "Y/N," he started saying breathlessly. With a jab from Harry's elbow he cleared his voice. "How-how are you?"

"Better now that you're here." You smiled softly and saw the red creep up his cheeks. Could it be? No, it couldn't. Probably just a coincidence. Right? "I wasn't sure if you would take advanced potions. Snape required O's and I can't believe I even managed that." You said covering up that you said it was better now that he was here. Which it was, but you didn't need to be that transparent.

"I doubt that. You're brilliant, of course you got an Outstanding." Ron said. Now it was your turn to blush. "Slughorn lets in students with Exceeding Expectation so we're all set."