Cedric Diggory

Title: Real

Pairing: Cedric Diggory x Slytherin!reader

Summary: You're a Slytherin who has a secret admirer. The only problem? You're convinced it's just a prank.

Word Count: 2.4k

You enjoyed being a Slytherin. The people in your house were determined and intelligent. Slytherin's weren't rude like everyone assumed. Well, some of you were rude to people in other houses but you Slytherins were always loyal to one another. Sure, Draco Malfoy and his friends were relentless when it came to targeting Gryffindors but it wasn't one sided. And no one, not even Malfoy, was disloyal to their fellow Slytherins. When the sorting hat said that you'll make your real friends in Slytherin, he was quite right. You Slytherins stuck together no matter what. It didn't matter if you never talked to someone in your house, when the time came a fellow Slytherin would always be there for their housemate. You appreciated that the people in your house didn't have to be best friends with everyone like those Gryffindors seemed to be. You liked that you could rely on the other people in your house without having to know everything about them.

However, there were parts of being a Slytherin that you didn't enjoy at all. The reputation Slytherins had wasn't something that ever helped when it came to interacting with other houses. Gryffindors, obviously, loathed you. You thought that the rivalry between Gryffindor and your house was foolish but even you, one of the most understanding people in your house, really didn't like Gryffindors. They really ended up getting on your nerves over the years. You'd never forget when you were paired up with Ron Weasley in potions and he flinched when you were trying to show him how to properly cut up his ingredients. I mean, really? Then, there was Hufflepuffs who didn't quite fear you like some Gryffindors did when they weren't busy saying how terrible you all were, but they certainly avoided you like the plague. Ravenclaws weren't that bad, truth be told, but even though they weren't visible fearful of you, you could tell that they were expecting you to do something that would be something a Slytherin would do. Because of how the people in other houses acted around you, you stuck to your fellow Slytherins. You didn't mind, really, because you were all put in your house for a reason and naturally got along, but you'd be lying if you said you didn't care about what the other houses thought of you and how they always expected the worst.

But there was another reason, you didn't enjoy Slytherin. Two words, two people. Weasley Twins. Fred and George Weasley from Gryffindor were well known pranksters and they were relentless when it came to pranking. In most circumstances you would have thought their pranks were funny, but seeing as their pranks were usually targeted at Slytherins, you didn't find much to laugh about. There was only so many times you could walk out of your common room and have dung-bombs land on you and not be annoyed. Well, annoyed would be putting it lightly. You started to loathe the Weasley twins. You were fed up with all the pranks targeted at you and your housemates.

Because of this when you received a very interesting letter at breakfast you were sure it was another prank. You had to give them credit, but two Gryffindors couldn't outsmart a Slytherin like you.

When you walked into the Great Hall, you made you way to your typical seat and you sat down across from your friend Daphne.

Then you saw it– an off white envelope that looked very carefully folded. The wax seal wasn't one you ever seen before. You would have noticed if it was from your family from their dark green family crest that would be present. But this was a crimson red with a seal of a rose. Very different from your family's crest. Furrowing your eyebrows, you nimbly picked it up. It was so carefully folded. You thought that was odd. Who would fold an envelope that carefully? Even your parents who put thought into each letter never had the level of precision this one did. And the bigger question was who was sending you a letter if not your family? As you examined it thoughtfully it was ripped right out of your hands.