Ginny Weasley

Title: Seven

Pairing: Ginny Weasley x reader

Summary: You grew up running through field with Ginny, but what happens when you see her again years later?

Word Count: 2.7k

When you were a child with braided hair and bright smiles, you spent your days outside in the summer running through fields, and collecting the flowers you passed by that would soon be forgotten the next day. It was there with the sun shining through your hair like stained glass glistening in the sunlight that you met Ginny Weasley. You were children with boundless energy that seemed to run both your parents wild and they let you out of the house with the hope that when you returned you would perhaps be more docile.

Your parents were wizards and lived off of a small Muggle town called Ottery St. Catchpole. This was a peaceful town, quiet, maybe even a bit sleepy but you think you liked it that way. The town of Ottery St. Catchpole had various small shops and what you think perhaps you liked most about living there was the freedom That came from living in an area that was more in the country and as such was more isolated.

Your family lived in a small, humble cottage not too far from the Muggle town and as a young girl, it seemed that your parents had gone a bit mad with your energy that never took a break around the house. They sent you outside and you met the open doors with excitement, running around to the fields of the pure, open countryside. It was there through the fields and the warmth from the sunlight that washed over you that you met Ginny Weasley.

The pair of you would run through the country field as grass softly tickled your ankles. Her hand would be tightly grasped in yours as she ran in front of you, dragging you further into the fields. As a young girl, the tingling sensation that shot through your fingertips wasn't something you could comprehend, only something that made you never want to let go. These days had never stopped until they did.

You could still remember the day you came running into your home with muddy shoes and a smile so wide it made your cheeks sore. It was only after you plopped yourself at your small dining table where your parents sat with equally serious expressions as they glanced at each other nervously. It was at that moment that you noticed your mother hadn't taken the time to chastise you for bringing the mud of the day into the house or disobeying the no running rule as she had always done. The confusion on your small brows only grew at the news you were given. 'An opportunity we cannot miss' is what your mother had said. 'A fresh start would do some good for us' your father had said. Your confusion grew and grew until it burst into sadness. A terrible decision, you thought, you didn't want to leave all you had known. You were going to attend Hogwarts next year. Your friend was here. You didn't want to go anywhere else. You had no desire to leave Ginny and go to America of all places. MACUSA sounded so much more idiotic than the Ministry of Magic, you had told your parents but this didn't persuade them one bit. You had begged your parents to stay, but when it came down to it you would be leaving Ottery St. Catchpole in a few days and would be leaving Ginny all the same.

The very next day you had left your front door with a peculiar sense of dread and a heavyweight set upon your shoulders. It was when you laid next to Ginny on the field with grasses tickling your skin that you told her and saw the same sadness creep on her features that already donned yours. As she turned her head towards yours she frowned momentarily before pulling you up from the ground at once, proclaiming that your last day together had to be one to remember. With her crimson hair flowing in the warm summer breeze, she led you through the fields for the final time. You had subconsciously focused on imprinting her giggles in your mind in fear of forgetting it. You were certain you would never forget Ginny, not when she was the one you would miss most. You were positive that this sadness would never fade.