Harry James Potter

Title: Where You Go, I Go

Pairing: Harry Potter x reader

Summary: A snapshot of memories over the years of you and Harry when the second wizarding war began and you unwittingly had to grow up fast. Wherever Harry went, you wanted to go but what happens when war get's in the way?

Word Count: 4.7k

A/N: Based off of Harry Styles song Sweet Creature

Sweet creature
Had another talk about where it's going wrong
But we're still young
We don't know where we're going
But we know where we belong

Where you went, you found yourself drawn to Harry's side. You found yourself utterly fascinated with him since the moment you meet him at the sorting ceremony. Back then you were eleven years old and didn't know what interested you - only that he did. Then he and his friends, Hermione and Ron, defeated a troll your first year. He saved Ginny Weasley from the Chamber of Secrets your second year and last year he saved Buckbeak from execution and helped Sirius Black escape. The latter - of course - was told in confidence because everyone except for Harry and Dumbledore - and it seems you, Ron and Hermione - knew Harry's Godfather was innocent.

This brought you to the present. It was your fourth year and Harry had unwittingly been made the fourth Triwizard Champion and the second Hogwarts Champion no one wanted. Besides a select few - chiefly Ron, Hermione and you - everyone thought Harry put his name into the Goblet of Fire. Even Ron - Harry's best friend - originally thought he had put his name in. You knew better though, Harry hated his fame as the Boy Who Lived. He wanted to be out of the spotlight, so when he told you he didn't know how his name into the Goblet of Fire you believed him instantaneously. Not anyone else shared your sentiment, however. The Gryffindors were supportive of Harry but thought he did put his name in the goblet. The Slytherins were taking the opportunity to make Harry miserable. By Slytherins you really meant Draco Malfoy, but the rest of the Slytherin followed his lead- what the Slytherin Prince does, they follow, you suppose. The Hufflepuffs were mad and while you did understand their point of view it didn't excuse how they were now treating Harry. The answer is yes, you did call Ernie MacMillan a pompous prat in Herbology for what he said about Harry and yes, Professor Spout did knock 10 points off of your house. You reckoned it was worth it.

The Tournament was undoubtably taking a tool on Harry. The first task was one thing - 'Dragons, Harry? And you're just telling me now! 'I just found out, Y/N! You're the first one I told!' - but the second task was more challenging to put it lightly. The Golden Egg from the first task screamed so loudly you swore your ears were bleeding when it was opened. For a while Harry had no idea what to do. He told you that he couldn't figure it out as the next task approached and you urged him to ask Hermione for help. At the last minute - obviously, with Hermione's help - Harry found out the clue. It was the moment when Harry pulled out Ron and Fleur Delacour's little sister that you realized you fancied him. What you felt went beyond what you feel for a friend. He couldn't be yours, though, not when he didn't want you. He wanted Cho Chang. It was a double-edged sword- to find someone who makes you happy beyond belief but feels what you feel for another.

Weeks went by and the Yule Ball was fast approaching. You knew that Harry wanted to ask Cho, but he and Ron were having trouble getting dates. It was pointless actually - if Harry had asked Cho and Ron had asked Hermione early that's who they would be going with but they were both too late. Despite your feelings, you had told Harry to go ahead and ask Cho but he didn't. Cho was going with Cedric and Hermione was going with Viktor Krum of all people! You felt bad for them but still held hope that Harry might ask you. Even though you were holding a candle with him, you'd still go with him as friends. He didn't have a date still when Dean Thomas was pushed forward by Seamus where you were sitting in the Common Room. He had smiled bashfully and asked you to the ball. You smiled and accepted. Before you turned back to your homework you saw the clap Seamus gave him on the shoulder and the scarlet dusting his cheeks. You knew Harry didn't feel that way about you, but it was nice to have someone who like you in that way. Even if it wasn't the person you wished it would be. It was a good feeling, to be wanted.