Draco Malfoy

Title: No Big Deal

Pairing: Draco Malfoy x Potter!reader

Summary: No Voldemort!AU. Y/N is Harry's twin sister who is the happiest she's ever been. Sure, she's been hiding a huge secret from her brother for the past six months. And yes, she's been secretly dating someone right under Harry's nose for six months. Not to mention the person she's dating is the person her brother hates the most in the world, Draco Malfoy. She's sure Harry won't care. No big deal right?

Word Count: 3k

You've never really had a reason to complain about your life. You had two parents who loved you unconditionally and a twin brother who had basically been your surrogate best friend since you were born. You had great friends in your house at Hogwarts and you were even made a prefect your fifth year. Not to mention, besides your own family, you and Harry had the whole Weasley clan who all felt like a second family. You and Harry were essentially honorary Weasleys and spent a month at the Burrow every summer over break. So why was it despite everything you had in your life that simply couldn't be better, that you've been remarkably happier than you've ever felt before since dating Draco?

Yes, Draco. How rotten your luck seemed to be for your very first boyfriend to coincidentally be the person your brother hates the most. The two of them hadn't gotten on since your first year when Draco told Harry that being friends with someone like Ron Weasley would set him up for failure. Harry refused his friendship and embarrassed Draco in front of everyone in The Great Hall. From that day, Harry and Draco hated each other. They were constantly competing against each other and it could be very annoying.

You never hated Draco like Harry did, even back in your first year at Hogwarts. You certainly didn't like him, but you still didn't hate him. You inherited your mother's kindness and Harry inherited an unwavering hatred of Slytherins from your father. You had a habit of seeing the best in people, no matter what, and Draco Malfoy wasn't an exception to your kind nature. Even if you didn't hate Slytherins as a whole, Draco never made it easy to like him. He was self entitled, arrogant, and was rude to everyone you cared about. You didn't like him when he called Hermione a mudblood, you didn't like him when made fun of the Weasley family's lack of income and you really didn't like him when he milked his injury and had Buckbeak nearly executed.

So how did you end up dating him right under Harry's nose?

Dating someone and not being able to tell your brother was painful. Having a twin was like having someone who understood you so well that they felt like they were part of you. You weren't used to not telling Harry everything and to not do so was one of the hardest things you would ever have to do but you knew you had to keep this huge secret from your twin if you wanted a chance to see if you could having something with Draco. You worried that the chemistry you two had would just fizzle out and you would just have too many differences. You knew that you had to keep that fact you were dating Draco Malfoy secret from not just Harry, but all of your friends as well, if you wanted to see if what you and Draco felt for one another could last.

Over time, all you knew was that you loved Draco and what you had felt real. It wasn't some casual fling where you would sneak around to see each other and the initial excitement would die out. The excitement never faded away. If anything, the longer you were together, the more you didn't want to let go. You hated lying to everyone, especially Harry, but it had to be done. The only silver lining was that Draco's friends knew so there was people who did know about your relationship.

After all, it was your family and your friends that would be upset, not his. It was surprisingly necessary because of your family and not his. Draco told you that his father wouldn't be thrilled of the news but Draco said his father was never thrilled about anything ever. He said that as long as you make him happy, which he told you he always is with you, that his mother would be over the moon. The only reason he didn't tell his mother was because she likely wouldn't be able to wait to meet you and you two weren't quite ready for that.