5 - A movie

TW: panic attack

Niki:

I ran back to the hospital and then to our room. "I'm so sorry!" I said immediately when I burst into our room. Then I realized that there wasn't anyone. Just a note on our side table: Niki and Will are away for a bit! They're coming at the latest 5 pm. - Mark That made me feel really bad. I just left Will and now he must feel horrible. I feel... pressure on my chest. Okay, it's happening again. Niki, you're realizing that it happens, now stop it, breath, be normal... I couldn't. I sat on my bed and tried to be calm. Before I even tried to stop, tears were streaming down my cheeks. My cheeks were burning like I was crying lava. "Nikita? Are you okay?" I didn't raise my look because I recognized one of the nurse's voices. I just shook my head slightly. "What happened? And where is Will?" The nurse sat on the bed next to me. I just shook my head again. The nurse realized my panic attack and hugged me, calming me down... finally I was calm again. "Hi", I heard from the doorway.

Will:

I gathered myself behind our door. I took a few deep breaths. What if Niki is really mad at me? What if the nurses were really looking for us? What if Niki isn't even here and it's my fault? I pushed the thoughts away and opened our door. One of the nurses sat next to Niki and tried to calm her down. Niki's cheeks were burning bright red and her eyes were puffed and red as well. "Hi", I said and Niki raised her head immediately. "Can I continue from this?" I asked the nurse and she nodded. When she closed the door behind her. I walked and sat next to Niki. "Niki", I said as softly as possible. Suddenly she hugged me and her grip was so tight that I knew that she wasn't gonna let go soon. I didn't convey though. "I'm sorry Will, I was too scared again", Niki whispered. "No, it's good that you are responsible, when I'm not", I chuckled slightly and I felt how Niki smiled against my chest. "Are we friends Will?" She asked. "Absolutely", I answered. "Okay", she said and I felt that her grip tightened even more.

I moved on my own bed and we were watching a Disney movie on our little tv. "What if our life was a movie?" Niki said suddenly and that made me turn to look at her. "I don't know", I said a little bit confusedly. Niki looked at me as well and tilted her head. "We would probably have kissed already", I said and Niki chuckled. "Because things go on so much faster in movies", Niki whispered. Then both of us fell silent. Wait for a second, does that mean...

Niki:

We watched the rest of the movie in total silence. Then Lily, a nurse, came to our room. "Oh, you watched the movie, did I interrupt?" She asked with a smile. "No, we just finished it!" I said with a smile. "Okay, well I'm here to tell you that both of you have your own nurses tomorrow because both of you have surgery tomorrow", Lily said and slammed her hands together. "But we're both completely okay?" Will said aloud what I was thinking. "Oh", Lily went silent for a second. "I have to check few things", she said and left. We looked at each other. "What was that?" I asked and Will shrugged. Then he furrowed his eyebrows. "Suddenly you talk to me", he said. I rolled my eyes. "I was focusing on the movie", I said and leaned to my pillow. "Suddenly right after that comment", he tilted his head and was now looking straight into my eyes. "Yeah, all of the sudden", I teased and sat back up. "I'm sorry if that comment made you feel uncomfortable", I whispered and looked away from him. "Niki", Will said softly and I looked back. "I started it all and it didn't make me uncomfortable", Will said and I smiled slightly. "Okay, that's good", I said and Will smiled back. Then Lily came back and shook her head. "I am so sorry, I've had so long day and I messed up your papers, neither of you doesn't need surgery, but both of you is going to have cranial nerve exams tomorrow and if there everything is okay, you can leave", she said and smiled. "It's okay", I said and smiled at her. "yeah, but take care of yourself when you make it home", Will said and fully melt my heart. "You're really sweet, I will take care of myself!" She said. "So, could I get some food for you?" She asked. "Yes, please!" I said and Will nodded as well. "Okay, just a second."

Will:

Lily brought our food to us. "Wow, this looks great!" I looked at the soup. "Enjoy", she said and left. "This smells so good!" I said and tasted it. "And tastes as well", I commented and looked at Niki who looked really confused. "Everything okay?" I asked and she tasted the soup. "Yeah, it tastes amazing but I can't smell anything", she looked confused and stood up. She walked through our room and took a hand sanitizer from the table. She put it in her hands and smelled it. She looked so confused. "I can't smell", she said and looked so scared. "Hey", I stood up and walked to her. "It's okay, it's just some moment, don't worry", I said and closed her to a hug. "You sure?" She mumbled. "No one can ever be sure", I whispered.

word: 960