14 - A further future

Niki:

My hands were shaking more than usual. The doctor spread that same gel on my stomach and it made cold shivers ran through my back. "So Niki, don't expect too much from this", the doctor said when he started scanning my stomach. "I don't", I said but still almost held my breath. Will wasn't here, he helped his friend move, and I just randomly decided to come here. I don't even have pregnancy symptoms but something inside me was like "You should go there". So here I am. The doctor tilted his head. "What?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows. "You're pregnant", he said. "WHAT?" I almost shouted. Why now? Did we talk about a further future? Am I in furter future? "That must be a mistake", I mumbled and reached to look. The doctor turned the screen so I could see as well. It wasn't a mistake at all. A little embryo was on the screen. "And your pregnancy is in a good start. I would say you're already on week six or something like that, we're testing that out," he said and I suddenly started smiling. "Congratulations, Nikita!"

Will:

"Okay Clay, this was the last box", I said and sighed. There was so hot. "Thank you for helping!" Clay said and suggested: "What if we went to get something to drink?" I nodded and we headed to the close coffee shop, where Niki was working. When I saw her behind the desk my heart melted. She just looked so happy. "Hi, honey", I said when we walked closer. "Will! I have to talk with you!" She said. "Okay, well talk to me", I said and she pulled me outside with her. "I did something today, before work", she said. "Okay... what did you do?" I asked raising my eyebrow. "I met my doctor", she said. Her tone made me nervous. "Is everything okay?" I asked and she took a deep sigh. "Noo, because I know that we talked about the further future but..." I cut her off: "Are you pregnant?" And then she nodded. I hugged her so tightly. "Apparently this is our further future", I whispered and she smiled. I was happy, even though everything happened really fast, but this time it's different.

Niki is writing...

27 July 2021

Pregnancy week 7 + 1

I've felt a little bit nauseous, but still so happy. I'm already in the seventh week and I'm feeling so proud of you, our baby. I did actually a test on the internet which told are you boy or a girl. The test told that you're a boy but I still have a little feeling that you're a girl, well we're going to know it on pregnancy week 20 which is at the end of October.

Tomorrow is our moving day! We've been packing the last few days. Well, Will has packed and I've helped him those times when I haven't vomited. He has been such an angel. He's just saying that I have to rest whenever I feel nauseous or tired and he's so protective. Sometimes a little bit overprotective but that's just because he loves me and you, both of us, very much.

-----

Everything was packed and I looked around my apartment which has been our apartment for a sweeping moment. I started crying. So many good things but still a bit lost and sad inside these walls. Will came from the kitchen and closed me in his embrace. "Hey, everything is okay", he smiled. "I know, it's just weird that this won't be my home anymore", I mumbled towards his chest. "Don't think like that, think that this was one chapter and now you will turn the page. The next apartment is our first common apartment and that will hopefully be our baby's first home", he told and made me smile again. "Yeah", I smiled back and we kissed. "Now, we should get some sleep, tomorrow will be an exhausting day", Will said and we laid on our mattress which was in the middle of our living room. "Tomorrow we will be so tired", I said and smiled at him. "But if you're feeling too tired or too nauseous..." "I will take a rest, don't worry", I cut him off. "I just want that you and our baby are feeling good", Will said and lowered his hand on my stomach. His hand was very warm. "I'm sorry but I don't think that our baby feels anything yet", I smiled and Will looked straight into my eyes. "But it can hear, right?" Will's eyes lit up. "Not yet, it is on week 21 or something like that", I said. "Well, it doesn't matter", Will took his guitar and sat next to me.

"For memories" - Wilbur Soot

"You're so good Will", I said and he smiled. "Thank you darling", Will said and lowered his guitar back to the case. "But now, we have to sleep", he said and I moved closer to him. "Yeah", I just said and then closed my eyes.

28 July 2021

Pregnancy week 7 + 2

Today we moved and I'm so tired. We've been carrying boxes this whole day. I had to take a nap at some point but I'm still very tired right now. Of course, in the morning I was very nauseous as well but it went away after lunch. Right now I'm sitting on our bed in our new home and this will be your first home as well. Your dad is clearing the boxes and I'm just laying here. We have to go sleep soon because both of us are so tired. Tomorrow we're going to clear the rest of the boxes. 

words: 955