16 - A baby-looking creature

(We're skipping some time)

Niki writing...

30 August 2021

Pregnancy week 12 + 0

Wow, it has really been a day over a month without writing. We've both just been making money because you need very many appliances and they cost us money! But I don't know any better way to spend my money. Soon my first trimester is over and we are so happy about it! And the reason I'm writing today is that we're going to see you first time ever today! We have just heard your heartbeat and oh we have seen you as a little dot, but today you should look more like a baby! <3

----

"Honey? Are you ready?" Will asked from the hall. "Yes, I'm coming", I said and stood up. "Do I have time to change my shirt?" I asked and saw how Will looked at his watch. "Yeah", he smiled and I walked to the bedroom. Today is a pretty cold day and I don't want to take a jacket so I'm just going to put on a sweater. Actually, it was Will's sweater. I walked back into the hall and started putting my shoes on. "Aww, you put on a sweater", Will muttered his bottom lip. "What?" I asked and straightened my back. "I wanna see the little baby bump", Will said and touched my stomach. "But there's cold", I said and Will rolled his eyes with a smile. "Let's go", he opened the door for me.

When we arrived at the health center and I was kind of nervous. What if something is wrong? Or what if the baby is dead? I took a deep sigh. "Hey, are you okay?" Will asked as we sat down to wait our turn. "I'm just nervous", I said lowering my hand on my stomach. Will laid his hand on top of mine. "We can just hope", he said and I nodded. "Nikita", the nurse called me. We stood up. The nurse opened the door for us and we stepped in. "Hi", I said to the doctor and sat opposite of him. "Hi, nice to see you again", he smiled and started to ask different questions. After a while, we moved to see the ultrasound. The nurse spread the gel on my stomach. "I see that the little baby bump has started to show", she smiled and I smiled back. "So have you made guesses is the baby boy or a girl?" The nurse asked still smiling. "I think it's a boy, I had the same feeling in the last pregnancy", I smiled. "What about dad?" The nurse asked. "I'm still sure that it's a girl", Will answered and now the nurse started scanning my stomach. After a while, she had a warm smile on her face. "Here is a healthy baby", she smiled and I sighed in relief. "Do you wanna see?" She asked and I nodded. She turned the screen to us and there it was a baby-looking creature.

 She turned the screen to us and there it was a baby-looking creature

I started tearing up. Will hugged me and kissed my forehead. "It's our baby", he whispered. "Yes, it is", I smiled. "Do you want the picture with you?" She asked. I nodded and she printed it for us.

When we head back home I felt so good. We put the picture in frames. "I can't wait that our baby is here with us", I said. "It's a big change, but it's a good chance", Will said and hugged me. "Yeah, I'm still a little bit scared, how I am supposed to be mom?" I asked leaning on Will. "You're going to be the best mom ever", Will whispered and he just made me feel so special every time. "Thank you, and you're going to be the best dad", I said and we sat on the couch. "Have you told to your parents?" I asked. "Yeah", Will looked at his hands. "What did they say?" I asked tilting my head. "Dad was very excited and happy but mom said that I could never be a good dad", Will said and I stroked his back. "Don't believe her", I said and we kissed.

(a few weeks later)

pregnancy week: 18+5

"So, are we going to have some gender reveal party?" I asked and continued scrolling through my phone. "That could be fun, I could make a video out of it", Will said smiling. I nodded. "Is the gender surprise only to the guests or to us as well?" I asked. "It could be fun if we don't know it before either", Will said. "Then we need just a person who knows it", I said. "Kris, my aunt", Will said. "She was so excited when I told her about the pregnancy so she would be so happy to know", Will said and I agreed. "So do we wanna like some confetti, or balloon or I don't know there is like a million different ways to do the reveal", I said and Will nodded. "I think that the balloon would be nice", Will said. "Is there like confetti inside?" I asked. Will nodded. "Okay", I smiled.

words: 908

A/N: This chapter was really bad and random, but the next one will be better, I hope so :) Sorry that I haven't uploaded this story. I didn't have the inspiration to write but I'm here again.