17 - A gender reveal

Pregnancy week: 20 + 4

"So do you know now?" I asked the nurse and she smiled. "Yes, I know now", she smiled. "Can you write it down?" I asked and she nodded. "Here", she gave me a little note. "Thank you, I am so excited", I said and she smiled at me. "Have fun at the reveal party!" She said and I left.

Pregnancy week: 20+6

We met Kris before our party and I gave the note to her. She opened it and her eyes lit up. "I know now", she said and I couldn't stay still. Will looked excited as well.

Everyone is together. Both of our families and best friends. Will's band and my workmates. We've been waiting for this so long, it's our baby's gender reveal party. Will's aunt Kris was holding the balloon which we were going to pop. It was so nice to see Kris and Mark again. "Okay, so we are so happy that all of you are here. Today we invited the most important people to us and what we think will be the closest human beings for our baby. So thank you for being here", I said and turned to Will. "All of you know that we are really young. We have experienced too much for being this young, as all of you know we lost Clarke about half a year ago, but we are so lucky now being here and revealing the gender of our second child", Will said and smiled at me. Kris gave the ball to Will and walked back next to her husband. "Shall we do it?" Will asked and gave a needle to me. I was so excited and nodded. "Let's count to three", I said.

ONE

TWO

THREE

*POP*

The pink confetti spread everywhere

The pink confetti spread everywhere. It took a little while for me to get it. When I realized I jumped and ran to Will crying and we hugged. "It's a girl!!" I whispered. "I know", Will cried too. "I knew it!!" Cecilia said when she came to hug me. I just smiled so broadly and hugged everyone. We were so happy. "A little girl!" My mom said and hugged me. "I know, it's your granddaughter", I said and mom cried as well. "I'm so sorry that I wasn't keeping in touch, but I promise that I will do better in the future", she said. "I know, thank you mom", I answered. "I hoped that it would be a boy", Nicholas came to me. I laughed. "I'm sorry Nick", I answered. He still hugged me. "You're going to be the best uncle to this little girl", I said. "Thanks, Niki", he smiled. "Hi Will", he waved. "Hi Nicholas", Will answered. "Yooo bro! A girl to our band!" Will's bandmate hugged him. "I'm sure, she will be as a talented musician as you", the other one said. I laughed. Everyone is so happy. Then I felt something on my stomach. It felt weird at first but then I realized. "Will!!" I almost shouted. Will looked scared when I came to him. I took his hand and put it on my stomach. "Can you feel it?" I asked smiling. Will's mouth popped open. "Yeah, I can feel her kicks", Will looked so happy.

30 October 2021

Pregnancy week: 20+6

Today we had your gender reveal party and we got to know that you're a little girl! Now we can really start thinking about your name and I can buy cute dresses for you! I really can't wait to meet you! Today we also felt your kicks for the first time. It felt awesome! A new thing that reminds me that you're there and you're okay. But still, you seem very calm and you're already our little angel! <3

words: 650