19: Let's Put it to the Test!

"Melissa!!!" 

They all looked up, Katsuki froze when he saw Izumi running towards them. 

She didn't have time to put in her contacts and was wearing her black specs, along with her hair in a high ponytail. Katsuki felt his heart start racing. 

"I'm so sorry I'm late! I wasn't at my apartment last night and woke up late!" Izumi yelled. 

"It's fine, are you feeling a lot better, Izumi?" Melissa asked. 

"Huh? Oh yes- Ack- it's the boys from Class 1-A!" Izumi yelled and quickly bowed to them. 

"I'm sorry to show such unprofessionalism in front of such amazing heroes!" Izumi yelled. 

"Nah, it's fine. We're used to it." Sero said. 

Izumi stood straight up and noticed Katsuki was there.

"Ah- is there something that you boys need to be coming here today?" Izumi asked. 

"We heard the girls came to get their requests in for their new suits. So we thought we should do the same as well." Iida said. 

"I see, looks like I'm gonna have to run a diagnostic on all of you for that. Melissa, mind showing them to the training room while I head to my office?" Izumi asked. 

"Yup, if all of you will follow me?" Melissa said, and started leading the group of boys. Katsuki watched as Izumi was heading to her office, he had this urge to follow her, but didn't.

They entered the training room and were a bit curious as to what they were going to do. 

"Hey Bakugo, didn't you come here last time for Miss Midoriya to do a test on you?" Kirishima asked. "Yeah..." and he remembered how the two of them ended up in a bit of a quarrel and ended with him on the ground. 

"Izumi does everything a bit differently than the other scientists here." Melissa said. 

"How long has Midoriya been working here?" Kaminari asked. 

"She's been here for almost a year, but has exceeded farther than anyone else here. She likes studying people's quirks and is always trying to create new items for heroes. I think that's the reason why my father put her in charge of your suits. I'm still surprised to find out she studied in America and had to come home due to some events that happened 2 years ago." Melissa said. 

'What happened to Deku 2 years ago? That's been something that's been bothering me since I met Izumi.' Katsuki thought.

"Izumi's taking a long time, I'll go check on her." Melissa said leaving the training room.

Izumi ran to her office and shut the door behind her, her face was feeling warm. 

"Oh god... why was he staring at me like that? I'm already having to face reality with my feelings, but this is too much for me." Izumi said, holding her right hand over her chest. 

Though she had realized how much she liked Katsuki, it was still hard for her. What if he didn't have the same feelings? He didn't recognize her, so was this okay? Izumi tried to think of how to solve this, but what could resolve her emotions? 

She looked around her office and froze when she saw a briefcase in the corner. 

'That's...'

She walked up to the briefcase and opened it. She grabbed whatever was inside and stared at it. 

"This suit... I created this suit shortly after I started working here. I made it as an updated version of my old suit before I retired. But then I never used it since I never use my quirk anymore. Hang on..." Izumi started to think.