49: Step Up

( Back to Present )

'If Deku actually has a quirk, why hasn't she told me about it? What kind of quirk would Deku have anyway?' Katsuki thought. 

"That reminds me, I know this is sudden but we're having a banquet this next Saturday. It'll be for your old classmates since we just finished working on their new hero suits. I was wondering if you would like to go, they are your class." Izumi said. 

"Does that mean my suit's done?" Katsuki asked. 

"N-No... but we'll hold a separate event just for yours when I finish it!" Izumi said. 

'A banquet, is she only asking me to come since it's my old class? Or because I'm the Number 1 hero?' Katsuki thought.

"Are you going to be there?" Katsuki asked. 

"Y-Yes, I'm basically the one hosting it..." Izumi said, she seemed embarrassed about it. 

"I'll think about it." Katsuki said. 

"Great, I honestly thought you were going to say no." Izumi said. 

"Just because I said I'll think about it, doesn't mean it's a yes, stupid!" Katsuki said, thumping her forehead. 

"Ow, you didn't have to do that, Kacchan!" Izumi said. 

"Yes I do, because you're still stupid." Katsuki said with a smirk. 

"I-I don't know what you're talking about! I didn't have to deal with this in high school, y'know!" Izumi yelled.

"You need to understand that Izumi had gone through a lot after she moved. I was the one that had to give her therapy sessions because she went through depression during Junior high and high school." 

He remembered those words Emra told him. 

'She acts like none of that happened... What did you go through, Deku?' Katsuki thought. 

"Are you even listening to me, Kacchan?!?!" Izumi yelled. 

Katsuki looked up at her and noticed she had a crumb on the bottom of her lip. Katsuki literally reached out his hand, used his thumb and brushed it across her bottom lip. 

'Huh?' 

'It's... soft...' he thought.

"Tch- this is why you're stupid. You can't even pay attention to yourself and make a mess." Katsuki said, releasing his hand from her face. 

Izumi felt her face blush, did that just happen? 

"Ah- t-thank you, K-Kacchan..." Izumi said, quickly looking away from him. The aura felt bittersweet around them, what could they do after that? 

"I-I need to get back." Katsuki said, getting up from the chair. 

"R-Right... let me know if anything bad happens with your suit..." Izumi said. 

"Yeah..." Katsuki said and headed to the door. He didn't want to leave, he wanted to stay and watch her work.

He took a deep breath and turned around to face her. 

"Are you free tonight?" Katsuki said. 

"Huh? O-Oh yes! I'm free!" Izumi said, his face lit up. 

"Fine, meet me at my agency when you're done here." Katsuki said. 

"O-Okay, I can do that!" Izumi said. 

"Good... later..." Katsuki said and left her office. 

'More time with Kacchan tonight? He couldn't possibly be- no! He's just being nice, that's it! But I feel so happy knowing he wants to see me more. Oh- then I should message Emra and tell her she can have dinner on her own tonight.' Izumi thought. She pulled out her phone and went to messages.