50: Blooming Days

"So... where are we going, Katsuki?" Izumi asked. 

He didn't think that far. 

"Ah- well... where do you want to go?" Katsuki said, he felt embarrassed. 

"Hm? Where do I want to go? Well you never showed me to all the places you went to when you were a UA student, let's start from there." Izumi said. 

"You do realize that's a lot of places, right?" 

"I know, but I want to see what places you enjoyed going to." Izumi said. 

'Geez, that'll end up taking all night.' Katsuki thought. 

"We're having dinner first." Katsuki said. 

"Oh okay, then what's for dinner?" Izumi asked. 

"You pick." Katsuki said. 

"Then why don't we go to that Ramen shop that we used to go to when we were kids?" Izumi asked. 

"Doubt that place is still there." Katsuki said. 

"It wouldn't hurt to even look, Kacchan." Izumi said. 

"Fine..." Her calling him by his nickname is what changed his mind.

They went to the train station and took the train back to their old neighborhood. It was around the time everyone else was going out for dinner, so the streets were pretty busy. Izumi looked up and her eyes went bright as she saw the same old sign for the Ramen shop she and Katsuki used to go to when they were kids. 

"There it is, and I told you it's still here." Izumi said. 

"Fine, you were right for once." Katsuki said. 

"Let's get inside before it gets busy!" Izumi said, and grabbed his arm to follow her. He felt her sudden touch and how warm her hand was, he started to blush.

After they had dinner, they went for a walk through their old neighborhood. The sun was slowly dying out and the street lamps were coming on. Izumi looked around the place and recognized the area. 

"Oh- our old daycare..." Izumi said and pointed at the building.

"Huh? What's the big deal?" 

"Let's go inside!" Izumi said, already walking towards the place. 

"Oi- come back here!" Katsuki said. Izumi walked through the old entrance of her old daycare center and had memories flooding back to her. 

'It's a lot smaller than I thought it used to be.' Izumi thought. 

"Geez, why the hell did you want to come here?" Katsuki said, trying to catch his breath.

"Because... This place was where we first met when we were kids." Izumi said, Katsuki froze. 

"Me and mom had just moved to this neighborhood and I didn't have any friends back then. You were the first one who came up to me on the first day I came, and you insisted that I play with you and no one else." Izumi said. 

The memories came back to him when she said that, including how they first met.

( Flashback )

"Alright everyone, we have a new friend joining us today. This is Izuku Midoriya, can all of you take good care of her?" the caretaker said. The little boys and girls looked at the small greenette, she looked scared. 

"Izuku, what's wrong?" the caretaker asked. 

"I-I want to go home, that's where mommy is." little Izumi said.