(9) basketball

第一年

The saddest thing is to be a minute to someone, when you've made them your eternity.

Sanober Khan

"Aera, wanna go home with me? We can drop by the bakery store if you want."

My breath hitched as the tall guy faced me.

Ryujin, whom I had already notified about my secret feelings toward Sungchan, nearly let out a high-pitched squeal upon hearing his offer to walk me home. I pierced a deadly glare toward her, what an oblivious way to not give Sungchan the slightest idea what's going on.

Sungchan bore a suspicious glance to us. His gaze flickered between me and the now brunette haired female. "You two, are you... uhh alright?"

I lightly whispered, narrowing my eyes to her. "I'll burn your whole GOT7 photocard collection if you dare to tease me again."

Ryujin quickly reassured him nothing was wrong; sneakily curling up a smirk on the corner of her lips when our eyes secretly meet. Even when I threatened her with my fist, Ryujin simply laughed it off.

"I'm sorry for interrupting but Aera?"

A soft tap on my shoulder made me turned around. Standing in front of me was a person I least expected to be here.

I shuffled closer to the newcomer, my facial expression accurately summarized how taken back I was due to his presence. "C-Changmin?"

Him, on the other hand simply blankly staring at me with his typical poker face.

"What are you doing here?" My voice came out a bit smaller than I predicted, probably because of the unwavering nervousness when he was around.

Changmin extended his hand toward me, offering his phone for me to read a text message he received. "Jaehyun hyung texted me just now."

jaehyun hyung

changmin help a brother out!!!

can u pick aera up from school ;)

and walk her to my uni

tell her we're eating out since mom & dad had night shifts

I returned Changmin's phone with a little disappointment slouching my back down. I faced my two friends with a boxy grin, ones I tend to do to overcome my building guilt. Sungchan's eyes told me he's puzzled with the situation and I took this chance to tell him.

"Sorry chan, but I'm afraid I have to go with Changmin instead. My brother asked him to walk me to his uni."

He lightly smiled, slightly easing my guilt-ridden heart. "Nah, that's fine. Then go ahead. We can always go together next time!"

The sunlight made his eyes glimmered in an insane amount of beauty. A festival erupted on my stomach- my adrenaline system began palpilating rapidly, leading to excessive redness on my cheeks.