(44) - in this lifetime or every other

第三年

The third day of the camp kicked start with red light, green light for the sole purpose of splitting everyone into groups of twelve

The third day of the camp kicked start with red light, green light for the sole purpose of splitting everyone into groups of twelve. Right after my name was listed in group C, Sungchan's name was written right below me. Somehow, when he walked to our table with his head lowered down, I could tell that something was irking him off terribly. He was constantly lost in his train of thoughts, isolating himself at the back of the group in group activities and he didn't talk, at all, which was quite ridiculous for a social butterfly like him.

A female voice lightly called out to the tall guy, who looked a bit too distressed as he drew out another heavy sigh. "Sungchan, you good?"

Honestly, it always amazed me that Hyewon and Sungchan could maintain a healthy friendship after breaking up with each other. Their relationship that ended seemed to hold no effect on each other. The concern she had for him momentarily flustered him, and he awkwardly rubbed his nape before assuring her. "Yeah, of course, I am. I'm just a bit sleepy."

"If you're unfit, just go and have some rest Sungchan." Another male voice commented and it was simultaneously agreed by everyone, even me.

He waved his hand in the air, dismissing the idea with another smile. Brighter than before, looking more convincing. "It's fine. I'd like to continue the rest of the activities with everyone. So, what are we up to?"

Taehyun took over the role of explaining, "Well, we'll be having talent night tomorrow. And, we're discussing what kind of performance we'll be doing."

"Ah, I see." He nodded his head thoughtfully and awkwardly asked. "So, what we'll be performing?"

"We kind of have to pair up with another group, Sungchan."

"Whose group it is?"

"Mine." 

Hyunjin came with an annoyed frown resting on his face. There were a few unfamiliar faces followed along but seeing Heeseung, Changmin and Soobin behind his back immediately put a smile on my face. 

The atmosphere began to grow rather tense. The legendary fist fight between Sungchan and Hyunjin seemed to be engraved in everyone's mind for now we're all looking at each other uncomfortably. I was expecting exchanging of unwelcoming gazes, sarcastic scoffs or anything that's unfriendly between those two. Yet, Sungchan unexpectedly smiled as he faced Hyunjin and made a small command for us. "Hm, everyone please make some space for Hyunjin's group to sit."

The discussion unexpectedly went plain sailing, with almost non-existent arguments or objections coming from either of them two. I leaned back in my seat, finding this situation weird. There's this unreadable glint in Sungchan's eyes I just find too hard to understand. His smiles didn't even once reach his eyes and he looked almost, hopeless