(19) - "I'm just kidding"

第二年

"You looked like someone forced you to eat 10 sour apples." Sunwoo mischievously pinched my cheek before extending his hand, asking for the small towel he told me to hold for him.

I threw the small rectangular towel to his face bitterly, earning a small laugh from him and gang berry. It's always at times like this where I questioned my life choices. Befriending sun-saekki for example. "Stop being annoying."

He squinted his eyes, analyzing my facial features. "Is this one of your PMS symptoms?"

"I'm just annoyed I had to sit here as your water girl!" I slapped his hand that was about to ruffle my hair. I was too pissed and Sunwoo was just unlucky enough to be the person I leashed out my wrath on. Nah, don't sympathize him, he grown used to it.

"You should be honoured, Aera. You're serving your boyfriend!" Yoshi wriggled his eyebrows, standing about five feet from us. Mr Jung, the football coach only took a short glimpse of us, familiarized with such commotion. He mumbled something under his breath that I couldn't decipher, probably something along the line "Teens drama.".

The small fragment of my brain was occupied with the most intense heart-crushing moment I shared with Jung Sungchan one ago.

"I like you, idiot."

He took a small breath before winking playfully. "I'm just kidding."

Bro, the butterflies burned in flames.

I mean, I couldn't even suppress the disappointment when he told me it's a joke. He held my hands, looked at me with a gaze I thought was admiration and spoke in a gentle voice when he said "I like you, idiot.". That's a whole K-drama moment that made me soar up to the clouds and of course I was irritated that he was joking.

"I'm going to the bathroom real quick, don't miss me too much."

"WOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH. LOVEBIRDS!!! "0 -that's Bae Jinyoung squealing in excitement for anyone who's asking.

I stuck out my tongue and crossed my arms. "I'd rather miss Mark Lee!"

"Baby, that won't work to make me jealous." He ruffled my hair with a grin, with another series of whooping monkey noises led by Chanhee.

I threw my gaze away.

The position of the football stadium that's close to the school gate made it impossible to not recognize two figures that's exiting the school compound in hurry.

I was 100% convinced that's Lee Jaehyun and Kim Younghoon. Just, what were they doing here?

Two more figures tagging closely behind them. One of them was someone I knew from my batch, Hwang Hyunjin was assisting someone who was clearly having a hard time walking. My curiosity walked hand-in-hand with fate cause when Younghoon's car pulled over close to him, I
swore that silhouette looked exactly like Changmin.

I could see Jaehyun panicking.

I was about to stand up from the bleachers when the whistle blew, indicating the second half of the game began.

Ah, I'm getting more annoyed now.

The game ran for approximately fifty minutes but my thoughts were a jungle of mess. None of these sweaty men, even Sungchan, though he looked smoking hot running around the field, none could bring my train of thoughts to the correct lane. I fish out the rectangular screen from my pocket, searching for a specific contact ID.

lovaera
oppa

were you at my school?