(39) - you can't ever fix the cracks between us

第三年

Sungchan.

I was walking down the corridor when my collar got pulled back aggressively and before I could fully grasp everything, someone delivered a punch to my face

I was walking down the corridor when my collar got pulled back aggressively and before I could fully grasp everything, someone delivered a punch to my face. My feet stumbled over the blow and I tripped for losing my balance.

"You dumb asshole!"

He spared me no time to sip in the pain, giving me another punch. I got lightheaded from the second punch and I quickly furrowed my eyebrows upon meeting his eyes. The veins on his neck bulged and he was panting, glaring at me with unconcealed wrath.

"The fuck, Changmin? What the hell did I do?"

He stepped closer, clenching a fistful of my collar roughly to pull me up and raised his voice. "What did you do? You sure you're not aware of it?" He sinisterly laughed and it was scary because I'd never seen him this furious. Thankfully, there's no sign of any students in the corridors and we'd definitely be escorted to detention room in no time. "Reminds me again, why did I think you are more deserving of her than me? Oh, right, cause you love her and she loves you too."

I tried to draw his grip off my collar, only for him to put a neater hold on them. "The hell are you talking about?"

"Aera always try to understand you and forgive you whenever you fucked up. Why? Because she trusts you, she loves you and for fuck's sake, if I tell you how much in pain she is when your brother tells her to stop liking you, you won't be able to handle it. And look at yourself now. It's been one week and you haven't even visited her for once. You love her, but what kind of love have you grown if it didn't exist along with trust? "

A part of me was mad that Jaehyun involved himself between me and her but I decided to save that conversation for some time later.

"Why are you telling me all of these?"

"Why will I not tell you?"

Haha. See the difference between me and Changmin?

Truthfully, I was ashamed right at this moment. For a myriad of reasons. One of them included realizing the way I love Aera differ from the way Changmin did. While she bleeds in the pain, Changmin was the one who sticks by her side on her worst, healing her wound. His eyes didn't have enough courage to fabricate the truth, and although it hurts to admit, I knew his love for Aera was greater than I would ever own.

Unlike me, he had always made her happy. He took care of her as much as she did him. He remembered her likes and dislikes, knowing how to handle all those information. He didn't profess his affection in words but his action speaks in a volume loud enough for me to understand it perfectly well. He loves her and therefore he respected her, he trusted her, he cared for her, he went through ups and downs with her and one thing for sure, he was not scared of losing her.