(52) - one last time, us two.

The sunlight was slipping in between the dark clouds, indicating that the morning finally comes

The sunlight was slipping in between the dark clouds, indicating that the morning finally comes. I'd been sitting here for hours, staring at the distance with blank stares and tired eyes. The world was going perfectly fine for everyone else, but not me. I'd been living day to day with such emptiness and couldn't quite get used to it. Everything just felt completely out of place, everything felt vacant without him.

It's been two weeks since Changmin broke up with me. It took quite a long while for me to grow accustomed to not having him around. The sound of the doorbell stirred me up from my thoughts but the visitor, whoever that was couldn't quite bother me. My friends and Changmin's had all been taking turns checking up on me. I couldn't blame them, the breakup news was too abrupt and surprising for all of them.

I heard my passcode being pressed, followed by the small cue of the correct codes punched in.

Wait, there are only 4 people who knew about the passcode. Jaehyun, Changmin, me and—

"Aera."

"Oppa."

A tall figure showed up and walked towards me with no hesitation, placing a paper bag on the coffee table in front of me. Silence ensued and the distant muffled TV noises seemed to be amplified in the background under such intense silence. Truth be told, I didn't expect him ever to come here because if I were Kim Younghoon, I would hate myself so much for hurting Ji Changmin. Yet he still did and the first thing he asked me wasn't things like 'why did you hurt Changmin?' but instead, "Have you slept today?"

Shame perfectly described what I felt as he quietly sat cross-legged on the floor in front of me. "No."

"How about having a meal? Have you eaten something?"

"I don't have the appetite to do so."

He heaved out a small sigh and quietly asks me. "How long are you going to act like this? Skipping classes, missing out on clinical practices. Aera, I know you are upset but don't this to your dreams. You'd been chasing them for years."

"I lost Changmin." I said it as if he didn't know. I lost the courage to look up at him, keeping my gaze fixed heavily on the unclear view outside. "Goodbyes are indeed painful, but I never knew losing Changmin will hurt me as much as Suyeon did."

The pain felt overwhelming, and I broke down in front of Younghoon shamelessly. I wiped them quickly with the hem of my sleeves, afraid that he'd see me in my pathetic state. I didn't want to beg for his pity. He looked at me gently and I knew he was offering me not only his ears to listen to my words. "So, what is it that put you two in this situation?"

"Changmin asked me if I ever love him." I hugged my knees closer to my chest, shutting my eyes as I continued. "I didn't say a word. I couldn't even say a thing to tell him not to leave me."