(37) - kim suyeon, from their memories.

第三年

(TW/ mention of self-harm)

Sunwoo.

It was an unspoken rule that other than the 17th of July, 21th of July could hurt us all as much as it did too

It was an unspoken rule that other than the 17th of July, 21th of July could hurt us all as much as it did too. For it was our birthdays. A day to celebrate one year of us growing older but what about her? Hers stopped at 16 and I didn't think any of us were ready with the fact she won't be turning older beyond that age.

Was it the fact one vacancy became more noticeable each year? Maybe the fact Aera and Jae had to go so far from us due to the overwhelming pain they have to endure? Or was it the fact I was celebrating my 19th birthday alone? I didn't know which one hurts me the most now. 

All I knew was when Jaehyun had texted me a long text of birthday speech... along with an apology, an old wound was bleeding again. His, Aera's and mine— we were all still hurting profusely.

Bomin offered me a coke can, "What's on your mind?"

"Nothing." Shaking my head, I just awkwardly opened the coke and drank it. Bomin pushed his glasses closer to his nose and put an arm around my shoulder. "You know better I figured out you're lying."

I lightly cackled, "I miss Suyeon."

"I miss her too but I know she's in a better place now. " Bomin drew out a small sigh, staring at the strangers passing us by. In moments like this, I'd usually figure out the owner of her light brown hair supporting me frantically in the audience seat, forgetting that this wasn't a basketball tournament for her to cheer on me loudly.

I tucked my hand inside my pocket, smiling sadly at my friend, finding him looking as sad as I was. There were so many what-ifs that might happen for the two. "Honestly, I just think it's such a shame that neither Jae nor Suyeon discovered they both loved each other." 

Jae

aera is playing that music box again

fuck I'm not sure what triggers her this time

You

wait is she skipping her school?????

did something happen yesterday?

God, Jae, please tell me she's okay!

Internally, I began to freak out. If it wasn't for the fact I was in the middle of attending a robotic event, I would dash right to the train station and went to her without any second thoughts. Everytime Aera played the music box after Suyeon's death, it would end up with her trying to hurt herself. The last time she did, she harmed herself and ended up in the hospital.