(53) on your wedding day

tw/ mention of violence, blood, guns.

"Come over and give your blessing to my wedding

"Come over and give your blessing to my wedding." 

No words could exactly profess my relief upon asking her to come over to my wedding. Maybe she'd still come over because Minjeong invited her but it's different; I said it myself and it's not through phone and text messages. A mighty burden eventually fell down from my shoulder once she smiled at me and nodded her head in agreement. "Of course, I'll come over! You'll always have my support, Chan. Always."

As I've said earlier. It's different. She called me Chan, which means, she meant it.

I missed when she addressed me as Chan. I didn't feel that much of a distance.

That evening, when I realized we weren't meant to be together, I knew we had to accept that we should leave everything we had back in the past, in the place where they belong to. My thoughts no longer linger on the probabilities of better what-ifs and I knew I finally had the courage to focus on the future.

As cliche as it might have sounded, I let her go.

"S-Sungchan! Shit! You've got to read this!"

"What's wrong?"

Jeno showed up in the room with unmasked worries, inflicting the same wave of panic on me and Haechan who was sitting close in the groom's room. He quickly passed his phone, which showed his room chat with Changmin.

Changmin
aera's not in her apartment

she's not answering her phone

her breakfast is left unfinished, one of her heels disappeared and her door is left half-opened

no, fuck, her phone is here on her bed

something is fucking wrong

wait i found a note tapped under the fridge magnets

"Neither Sungchan or Aera deserves to be happy."

jeno, what should i do?

"He sent me these text messages two hours ago and just now, I dropped by Aera's apartment and neither of them two is there. And Changmin is not answering my phone! I'm not sure what happened but I'm worried, Sungchan." He anxiously bit his fingers, pacing back and forth in the room in distress.

His explanation made my guts fill up with unsettling uneasiness. Something was telling me this isn't something I should just take lightly and brushed off. "You've tried calling Younghoon?"

"I did. He said Changmin went off to pick Aera up."

"There are two hours left to the wedding." I quietly muttered. The fact that we both are clueless about their whereabouts is making me uneasy. "We...we must do something! We should find her. Yes! We should go. Now."