(15) flowers

第二年

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

There were exactly thirty minutes before the first class began, the five of us were gathering in my class, gossiping. There wasn't a fixed topic but our chatty selves just somehow managed to jump off from one topic to another.

Just then, two MD walked in enthusiastically. Gowoon and Haru. Everyone knew them. Introducing MD, Merry Delivery, an organization ran under the authority of our student councils. They mainly in charge of delivering parcels, letters or gifts to fellow students.

However, there's something unusual on Haru's hands. A delivery that wasn't a frequent occurrence in the whole school, on a normal day without any special events. His eyes marveled around the classroom, probably looking for the owner of the item and when our gaze clashed, he made his way towards my direction.

Don't tell me?

"Lee Aera. A flower delivery for you." Haru handed me a large bouquet of pink and red peonies, smiling in an unhidden excitement. He slid a form to my desk, asking for my signature. I awkwardly nod as I written down my signature, murmuring a small thanks as I wrapped my arm around the bouquet.

The pink and red hues blended each other well. It was such a pleasant sight to endear and the flowers definitely have a very nice smell. The corner of my lips slowly tugged upwards, feeling grateful for this present.

My classmates had been circling me, gushing in excitement, talking in hushes as they playfully teased me.

On my left, Ryujin who couldn't content her overwhelming curiosity halted the boy whom was about to leave us. A frown resting on her brows as she grabbed his wrist, motioning me with her chin. "Yah, Haru! Aren't you supposed to tell Aera who sent these flowers?"

It was a protocol uphold by the school boards. Mainly to avoid any unnecessary potential harms to the students considering how it was run by wholly the students. Deep down, I knew Ryujin didn't give two shits about the protocol but she only mentioned it to get the name.

Haru gave us a boxy grin, showing us the form he gave me earlier. The recipient name written in bold was Lee Aera while the sender name remained empty. "I'm afraid he mentioned Aera will know who he is without the need to reveal his identity."

Upon the brief explanation, Haru and Gowoon excused themselves to leave.

"He? Omo omo, Aera you got a secret admirer!!" One of my female classmate clasped her hands dreamily, looking down on me with a pouted lips. "How lucky!"

I put down the flower on my arm, waving my hands in denial. "Ayy, I don't think it's out of admiration. " I was still in dazed, staring at the flower with a puzzled look. A card slipped in between the pink peonies caught my attention. Before I could even took it, Jeno had snatched it and read it out aloud.

"My aloe vera, congrats for the flying colours hehe!! Heard peonies symbolizes good fortunes and happiness. Do well in the future and let's take the first place together. Me from here, you at there. Know that I love u to the moon and back, big mouth aera!"

A scoff escaped my lips once it hits me who he is, earning another series of curious glances. Ryujin eyed me with unhindered smile. "Mind sharing?"