(27) - my woman

第三年

I felt like I never know Jung Sungchan.

This version of Sungchan wasn't anything that I was familiarized with. Because the arrogance in his voice when he openly scorns Ji Changmin or his belittling gaze began to piss me off. 

"Changmin, why are you still using that shoes? Isn't it a bit too... erm.. tacky?"

Contradicting to me, who slowly clenched my hand into a fist, Changmin is still Changmin, so he simply give him a small smile. "It's still comfortable to be used, Sungchan." 

Jeno briefly eyed Changmin's shoes, frowning when he bluntly speaks. "I agree, if it's still usable just go ahead. Don't bother this arrogant bastard." Jeno ended his argument with a sheepish grin, attempting to rest his arm around Sungchan's shoulder but the latter simply shrug it off with a sour face.

Jaemin pointed his feet using his chin, patting Changmin's shoulder to gesture him to watch his shoe. "Look at mine, two holes and I still use it. As long as it's not stolen, right?"

Changmin actually laughed when Jaemin wriggled his eyebrows. A part of me felt relieved, realizing that my group of friends were actually enjoying his presence and made him feel welcomed in the group. Jaemin pointed a finger to himself, "He laughed because of me?"

Our laughter was cut short when Sungchan abruptly stand up and stormed away, making an impromptu scene with his chair loudly scraping against the floor. "Just buy a new one. What's so funny with your shoe joke?"

Ryujin quietly asked the Lee guy. "Mood swings?"

Shrugging his shoulder, Jeno could only answer: "Most likely, yes."

The now pink-haired girl then marvelled her eyes to my boyfriend, exclaiming in an animated tone. "What's your thought on joining us on our vacation later?"

"But it's your squad's vacation plan-"

Jaemin squeezed in between me and my guy, wrapping his arm around Changmin' shoulder as he persuaded calmly. "Bro, you're not coming as Aera's boyfriend. You're coming as our buddy."

I loved the fact I could catch every emotion in Changmin's eyes. The way they rounded with surprise and blinked in joy upon hearing Jaemin's words. Even Jeno wittily added, "Don't worry, everything is on Ryujin.", bringing more laughter to the table.

Changmin briefly eyed me. I smiled in response. Jaemin lightly smacked Changmin's head and narrowed his eyes on me. "Hey, no flirting here. Quick, yes or no?"

"Um, maybe yes?"

*

The student councils organized a mini basketball competition among senior year students. And seated next to me on the bleachers was none other than Choi Soobin. My friends were all participants in the competition, leaving me stranded alone with this annoying dude. I was replying to Younghoon's chats asking about Changmin when I felt a nudge from my left. "Is it just me but I think Changmin's health deteriorate even more these days? His asthma attacks scared the living shit out of my classmates. "

I briefly looked up. "He said that his asthma gets worse when he's exhausted. It's probably because of his practice, I'll make sure to tell him to go for a check-up later on." 

Soobin nodded his head before nudging my elbow, again. "And what's wrong with your friend?"

"Who's exactly you're referring to?" 

He gestured his chin to the tall dude, eyeing him with an unpleased look. "I don't know if I'm being overly sensitive or not but I think he's holding some sort of grudge to your boyfriend."