Chapter 26- Shimmer

I sat in the vanity chair.
There was sweet smell coming from the kitchen.
My stomach let out a loud gurgling nosie. I giggled at the sound. It seemed so normal in the chaos that is my life. My appetite was coming back. It seemed my body was reacting positively to being back home. When I was at the cardinal pack, I was okay and coping. But Carter seemed to have taken more then I realised from me.

There was a sudden knock on my door bringing me out of my own world.

'Valentina, can you come down to eat ' whisper shouted sophia through the door.
She kept on knocking again and again until i opened the door to her.
She had a big a smile on her face. She came toward me to hug me but I put my hand up.
She stopped and looked at me in fear.
'Im so sorry, I shouldn't be ..' she whispered.
Her arms started to put her arms down when I stepped into them. I put my head on her shoulder,holding her close. She sighed and held me tightly.

'Come, lets go. We have made all your favourite' she whispered into my hair. She held my hand and took me to the stairs when I heard a shout.

' Sienna' I whispered. I let go of Sophia and I quickly ran into her room.
Sienna was against the wall with Bastian towering over her. He had has hands against the wall beside her heads. She had tears going down her face.
He was staring at her with anger and hate.
She was whimpering in front of him.

My heart felt like it was about to stop. My breathing came out laboured. I started gasping when Bastian looked up at me.

'Tina, it isn't what it looks like ' he began dropping his hands. Sienna quickly wiped her tears. She put on a sad smile.
'Yeah, val he was talking to me and i got upset' she said as she walked towards me. Bastian pulled her back.
'Don't do this ' I gasped out. I began to fully panic. It felt like something was sitting on my chest. I couldn't breath.

Bastian quickly let go of her and she came running to me. Both her and sophia talked me through the panic attack.

Bastian hovered in the back.
'Ill talk to you later' he said in a cold tone to Sienna. She nodded and weakly smiled at me. All three of us where sitting on the bed now
' he didn't hurt you.. did he ?' I asked in a panic again.
She shook her head.
' we was talking and i got upset at him ' she whispered looking at the door.
She lead me downstairs and Sophia followed silently.

The pack house was full with wolfs. They were coming in from training and was looking to fuel for the border swap.

No one stopped to look at me thankfully and just carried on. I ate whatever was on my plate it was all my favourite.
Maybe they have been told to ignore me.

Sophia sat with me trying to get me to eat more and placed turkey strips on my plate.

I looked up to see Sienna pushing food around her plate.

'What's wrong Sienna, its my brother right ?' I asked out right. No point denying it.

'No, i just miss my friends' she whispered. I knew something was wrong but pushing her would make her upset.

'Lets take a walk around the pack grounds' shouted Sophia. I winced as I saw Sienna drop her spoon.
She scared her.
She looked up at me and gave me a tight smile. I smiled back at her.

'Sienna, we are gonna show you everything' she whispered shouted winking at her in exaggerated way. She looked around again and winked dramatically making Sienna laugh.

We washed our dishes and walked towards the outer rings of the defense. There was a cave like place that we was allowed to sit in. It was on our pack grounds.