Chapter 3-Truth Be Told

Bubba

I closed the door slowly, sighing. She expected me to protect her from this pain and keep her safe. It kills me that I can't keep her safe. She is my baby, I bought her up.

Protected her from the Kiki bow which is her version of the bogey man and many other dangers, trust me she knows how to find them. Somehow her care transferred to me at young age.

My parents never really had the time to be parents to her as she was the youngest. They had the pack Beta responsibility and they considered that the be all and end all.

Now when she needs me the most, I cant do anything. After a long time I have seen this kind of fear and panic in her face.

I quickly rubbed my temples to ease the headache that was forming I began heading downstairs to inform my parents of her nightmares and worries. They should have something to say or do .I fed her the potion they gave me.

I walked in to the living room to see my parents in a heated discussion. The panic on my mothers face was obvious and the anger on fathers face was evident. This was a rare incident never have I seen my parents fighting like this.

'Dad, erm.. am I intruding' I asked. Dad gave mother a pointed look as then turned to face me.

He smiled as a tired look appeared on his face. Mother was wringing her hand in a nervous jester.

'No, tell me what has happened to Tina' he asked sighing as he sat down, slumping in the sofa.

'She is scared and panicking about Eloise. The dream was horrific but it ends in Eloise being dead' I whispered to them. The look on my parents face is heart break and defeat. They were scared about something.

I must have looked confused at them, I mean its just a dream and nothing else.

'Son.. I believe that dreams are a sign of .. they are warnings for us.' he whispered with his head in his hands. My mother quickly nodded at that.

I sighed really loudly. Tired between beta training and worrying about Tina, I was worn out.

'I gave her the potion to her ,what was it for' I asked them.

Mother looked at father and turned towards me.

'it was for sleepless dreams and you know she has really bad nightmares now' she whispered.

She got up and started pacing in front of the fire place.

'We need to go somewhere and its pack business. I just remembered' She smiled but the smile didn't reach her eyes. The worry was plain to see her on her face. I knew the pack beta duties were tireless from my temporary assigned beta duties but lately mum and dad have been extremely worried and that has put us all on edge.

She nodded at dad and he got up to leave.

She patted me on the shoulder as she grabbed the car key from the the hook.

'wait, we need to tell him now' Father sighed as he got up. The look mother gave to him was the one we got when we misbehaved. He sighed at me and shook his head.

'don't' my mother whispered. She had tears in her eyes.

My father sat down. He looked at my mother and looked down again with his head in his hands.