Chapter 44- Lovey

The power surge across the realm shook buildings.

'My child has been born,' Carter said quietly to the Cardinals in the throne room. His body was taut and angry.
His mother was quiet, the anger evident on her face.

My son should have been with me. I should have been there for his birth.
A childs power surge was a parents right to witness,not only witness but to celebrate it.

The power surge was a usual sign of powerful Alpha, but this power surge shook realms. Everyone felt this. The level of power involved in his birth wasn't felt in many centuries. I don't know how she is, if she is okay. But the betrayal I have received from my mate and the surrounding cardinals has made me reconsider mercy. For my mate, life will be a lot difficult for the foreseeable future.

There was a moment of chatter. The anger and the fear were a ripple in the air. You could taste the submission from the weaker Cardinals.

'SILENCE,' shouted the winter fae. He stormed to the Wolf Cardinal. The wolf made eye contact with the powerful fae, which was a feat in itself.

'WHERE IS THE CHILD' he hissed at him. The Wolf Cardinal was in the top 5 powerful Cardinals, and turning against the Cardinal leader is no easy feat.

The fae was stunned at the audacity the Wolf had. His face started to ice in anger.

'You ask as if I know, the child hadn't even met me,' he said loud and clearly for the other Cardinals to hear.
The Cardinals started to mutter.
'I have asked her family, they are worried too and I checked the surrounding packs. Nothing. She was left here within the Cardinal realm. She was meant to be safe,' he shouted.
The Winter Fae was angry, an anger that started to trail snowflakes as he walked. He was ready to kill.
'I left a wolf female with her mate in the Cardinal realm with high security, and the Cardinals were responsible for her. How do I know where she is ? ' he asked, looking around towards the other Cardinals.
The room temperature dropped.
'So you don't know where the she wolf and the darkling is ?' He asked eerily.
'Like i said to you, We don't know where she is, I would have told you,' he said in a loud, clear voice.

The leader of the Cardinals wasn't easily fooled. He knew there was someone on this council who was a part of the scheme. No one can leave the Cardinal realm without support. A Cardinals support.

' Whoever has supported the kidnapping of the she-wolf will be held accountable not only to me but her mate. The realms will also demand justice for taking the darkling. His father will be included. IF you tell me now,where is she ? I will encourage the minimum punishment. "

He looked around the Cardinals. No one utters a word. There wasn't even a movement. In case that was an admission of gulit.
' it's important to note that whoever has suppported this venture has supported the attempts on the future king' life' he started. Knowing full well that treason didn't just result in the beings death but also the beings family and lineage erased.

' Okay, so that means I'll have full support of everyone here to search their realms.' he looked around to see if there was opposition to him.

' King Eirwen. My grandson needs to be within this realm as soon as possible. He will need to be influenced area' the Queen mother of the salem ralem said.

She came to the front of the chambers.
'My grandson needs guidance from his father, and his mother needs to be checked. She has given birth, and she needs time to heal. If the people responsible tell us now about the whereabout of the prince and the queen'
She stopped and looked around.

Sighing.
'We will pardon the beings' she whispered in a hiss. Folding her thin arms.

The vampire started to laugh, that turned in to a cackle.

' the new born, has humbled the Queen of Salem. He is already doing great' he smirked.

She looked at him in pure hatred. If looks were able to kill he would have dropped dead.
' for my grandson and the safety of the furture queen. I will happily forgive anyone. Even you, you imbecile' she hissed.

The hall fell quite. The salem queen made promises that she fulfilled. The moment of silence and the hope that it brought for everyone involved lasted mere moments.

'I will personally do the rounds, and after i check every realm. I will send my people to stay in those realms to make frequent patrols. Even if i have suspicion, I will not have any mercy.' hissed Carter. His wolfs eyes kept on shifting. His body taut, if his human wasn't clear enough, his wolf was. This incident has resulted in potential distrusction for everyone involved in this incident.

He marched out with his mother, who cast a lingering glare at the vampire and wolf Cardinals.

'They will ruin relams looking for the child and mother. You had your chance and now its gone. They will be allowed free rein' the winter king said. The winter king sighed knowing full well that he couldn't jeopardise the realms but knew there wasn't any stopping them. The child needed to be found.

The chatter was loud and it was full with fear. No one questioned the Blacks, and everyone knew that the only reason the winter king was on the throne was because they wanted him to be.

-

I stared at the little face. Red chubby cheeks. Long eyelashes that touched his eyebrows.

His hazel brown eyes stared at me.

' Hi, lovey. I don't know what to name a little king' I whispered to him.
His eyes slowly closed as he snuggled into my chest. I had changed his nappy and fed him before he fell asleep. I didn't want to put him down. I felt like he would be taken, or I would just wake up and he wouldn't exist. Like this was all a dream.

I wouldn't change any of it now, all for him. All the bad meant that he came to me, my little lovey.

Denarie was a little bit busy with keeping us safe, but I know we would have to move from this place soon. His birth would have signalled the realms.
The salem realm must be angry. From the royals to the commoners.

I put him down beside me. His little face scrunched up, ready to scream the house down.

' shush,shush' I said as I ran my finger down his cheeks. To sooth him.

The was a loud bang downstairs, that made me jump. The baby got sacred and started screaming.

' lovey,'I whispered at him. I picked him up and snuggled him in to my chest.

Pulling the duvet back, I made my way downstairs with lovey.
Living room was quite, no one was here. Not even Denarie, maybe kitchen.

'Denarie,' I said as lovey snuggled in to me more. He didn't like this moving thing. He could have fooled me with how much he used to move inside me.

'Yeah??' She shouted. I sighed in relief.
Since I have given birth. Its like my soul is living outside my body.
I would do anything to protect him.

Denarie looked worried, looking through the cupboards and draws.

' what's wrong' I asked her. She had flour on her clothes and her dress.

She looked like she had been crying. She looked up at me.
' my pack has been raided by the salem and they have asked for my whereabouts. My family has said helped us. But he wasn't convinced properly. We have to move because he will track me. Who could have told him' she sobbed.

The little one whimpered into my chest.

'Okay, what are you looking for' i asked calmly. Lovey whimpered into my chest again.

'Our passports and money,we need to leave' she whispered.

She had already packed the babys stuff in a a big duffel bag and has packed my stuff in a suitcase.

-

Thank you for the love guys!

My book has been in the top 3 (wanted) for weeks.