Chapter 9-Fear

Everybody has an addiction, mine just happens to be you- Unknown

I haven't heard from my family directly but from the pack I have been placed with. Even hearing from my family through the pack is rare now. They send money to me through PayPal but that's about it. I miss them. I didn't even get to attend my sister's funeral. The pack I am placed with is called blue moonlight and the Alpha Dana is a cardinal lycan.

I have been shadowed by the pack warriors for a year now. They are with me everywhere and emphasis on everywhere. As a pack they have took a risk having me here. Carter was bad news, his whole pack was from what I was told.

Alpha Dana knew what the consequences were for going against Carter. The pack didn't mention his name but gave me funny looks. The whispers was unbearable. I wasn't able to fit in or make any friends per say. Maybe it was me also avoiding getting close to people. In case he hurt them too.

The females would be whispering as I went by and the young males would try avoid even looking at m It's been like that since day one, I have always been a bubbly and talk active person but here no one talks to me or tries to be kind beside Kai and his family. I will always be the girl that Carter went to war for, there's so many stories about me and Carter it's hard to keep up. Even though I have never seen this man in my life. The fear makes me people do weird things.

Most days are spent in my room, reading books . This is only after I have done my chores which are purposely made me harder by some stuck bitches.

There was a knock on the door pulling me out of my thought process. I made sure I was decent and I wiped my face. I debated whether to open the door. All I felt was anger and pain right now.

Standing there was the only friend or companion I had. Kai was my guard. He felt like home. Weird thing to say but truly he felt mine. He supported me when those bitches were purposely making my life hard. He helped me with chores. Bare in mind in our pack we aren't made to clean after everyone but only ourselves. We was responsible for our own messes. If someone wanted to make extra cash they could sign up for cleaning duties. There was a big list, our alpha paid a lot of money.

Kai had the whole Marlon Teixeira look going on. His chocolate brown hair was perfectly placed. His hazel eyes were so beautiful, you literally could get lost in them. Good looking guy but a whole load ego. He knew he was good looking and he used it.

'Hey, babe what's up' he came in the room. I sighed hard. I followed him in.

'You come in the room.. when some says come in.. moron' I whisper shouted at his back. He turned around with a big smirk on his face.He knew every way to get on my nerves . The lack of basic common manners was his way off, getting a rise out of me.

He sat on my bed. Wiggling his eyebrows at me.
'Don't even think about it,' I sighed sitting on the window seat again.

I was the only girl who told him, how moronic he was . Apparently he liked that. The one that has got away vibe. I looked at the kids playing tag. The smallest kid was a fighter. He chased them down without giving up. They kept on tripping him up. He would still get up.

'Hey, I came to tell you .. something good.' Kai whispered at me sitting up properly. He looked nervous. I glanced at him and then the kids outside.

'Okaaaay' I rolled my eyes hard.

I knew what it was going to be . He did this before, his something serious was begging me to go on a date with him. I didn't want to be his flavour of the month or week.

'Your brother's are coming to see you' he looked a little worried.

Bubba used some serious and terrifying words to make Kai understand how important it was I be kept safe. I wasn't even surprised that he was scared.