16

(A/N : this chapter is kinda like a climax part 2 since the last part was also like a climax. And this story will be very sad since it's the 16th chapter and all onces know how 'Sixteen' is related to TWICE in a sad way...)

...

Dahyun never came home that night. Nayeon was worried sick and was also depressed because she now knows that Dahyun only sees her as a 'stepsister'.

Flashback to that night...

Dahyun knocked on her friend's door, hoping to get an answer. After a while of waiting, the door opened.

"Dahyun?"

"Eunwoo, please let me stay the night..."

"O-Of course, come in..!" He said and opened the door even more.

But Dahyun suddenly engulfed Eunwoo in a hug, crying in his embrace. Eunwoo was shocked at first but hugged her back anyway.

"P-Please come back to Park Valley High..."

Eunwoo sighed, "Anything for you, Dub..."

...

"Where is she?!" Nayeon screamed and tugged on her hair.

Jeongyeon tried to calm her down, "Babe, calm down! I'm sure she's okay-"

"SHUT UP! HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE THAT BY NOW SHE HASN'T BEEN KIDNAPPED OR SOMETHING?!" Nayeon yelled, releasing all her anger out on Jeongyeon.

"Nayeon, I-..."

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS TO KNOW THAT SHE NEVER THOUGHT OF ME AS HER OWN SISTER?! DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS, YOO JEONGYEON?! DO YOU?!"

Nayeon calmed down but there was still anger and sadness in her, "Just leave..."

"Nayeon, please don't do this..."

"I SAID LEAVE!" Nayeon exclaimed angrily with tears running down her face.

...

Mina is right now at Chaeyoung's place, sitting on her couch and talking to her girlfriend.

"How's Sana?" Chaeyoung asked Mina.

"She's not good and about that..." Mina said before pausing.

"Chaeyoung, I think we should take a break..."

"W-What..?" Chaeyoung said to Mina, her heart starting to crumble.

"We're not breaking up, we're just taking time away from each other. Not breaking up. I need to take care of Sana since she's like a sister to me..."

Chaeyoung lowered her head, "I understand..."

"Bye, Minari..."

"Take care, Chaeng..."

...

End of Flashback

"Dahyun, please come home..." Nayeon said one last time before falling asleep while hugging her pillow.

She was alone now. She pushed Jeongyeon away, Tzuyu moved out, and Dahyun is nowhere to be found. It hurt her so much...

...

The weekend passed and the last two weeks of school came. The girls hoped that Dahyun would come but they didn't expect that Eunwoo would come back too.

"So you dated Sana, the girl who is a heartbreaker and has a secret boyfriend, and got your heartbroken at prom?" Eunwoo asked Dahyun who was clinging to his arm.

Dahyun nodded, making Eunwoo feel bad. He wrapped his arm around her and let Dahyun rest her head in his shoulder.

Nayeon saw them and immediately ran towards them, "Dahyun..!"

"Sorry, Nayeon, but I'm not gonna let you see Dahyun for now. She's still not in a good state of mind..." Eunwoo told Nayeon and protected Dahyun by standing in front of her.

"Eunwoo and Dahyun, what is the meaning of this..?" Nayeon deadpanned.

"She's not ready, Nayeon. Please let me tale care of her, I've always been there for her since we were kids..." Eunwoo said to persuade her.

DahWoo walked away without saying anything else, leaving Nayeon there, broken hearted.

Everyone is heartbroken now. Nayeon is heartbroken because Dahyun left her, Jeongyeon is heartbroken because Nayeon is pushing her away, Sana is heartbroken because of regret, Mina is heartbroken because she's not with Chaeyoung, Dahyun is heartbroken because of Sana, and Chaeyoung is heartbroken because of Mina.

Daniel suggested to Jihyo that she should distance herself from the others for a little while because he didn't want Jihyo to be heartbroken too.

And MoTzu? They're also on a break because Momo wants to take care of her cousin.

All the love is gone, the sparks died out, the magic became non-existent. Was this really the end..?

==========

Is this really gonna have an angst ending? Find out soon...

This chapter was inspired by Rosé's "Gone"