Makeshift Family

I chuckled, feeling the warmth of a body press onto my own. Making me sink into the bed.

"You're heavy." I stated, trying to hide my smile. The person above me scoffed. "I'm not heavy. We're heavy together," he said, his face inches from my own. I stared into his eyes, an immeasurable amount of wanting surged through my body like a tidle wave.

"Have I ever told you how much you irritate me?" I asked, leaning on my elbows so our faces were closer. A mischievous glint shimmered in his eyes.

"Just fuck me already." He mocked and I laughed, rolling him around on the bed so that I had the higher ground. "Sure," I replied and his eyes widened. "I hope you know I was joking?" He said in a voice coated with arousel that he tried to ignore. I leaned closer to him, my teeth nibbling his ear. He moaned in content, wrapping his arms around my back.

"I wasn't,"

My eyes snapped open and I jolted up. Hermione stared at me curiously. I looked around and realized that we were still in the car. I must've fallen asleep whilst we were still in town for it was dark and the road we were driving on stretched across the middle of nowhere for miles.

Harry was at the wheel and Draco sat next to him, breathing softly as he slept.

"Almost there," Harry pointed out, regarding me through the rear view mirror. I nodded and lay my head against the cold window and sighed. Watching my breath make the glass a translucent white. Almost blue in the dark. This short little excercion to the first place I've ever called home better be worth it. I was happy to see my parents and siblings but they'd be curious as to why we weren't at work. Why Hermione and Draco had gotten injured and why their son was...

I suddenly swallowed my words. Though I hadn't even said them out loud. It hurt to think about him. My heart ached as I  recalled just two days when they wheeled him away. Hopefully forever. But I knew that's not what I wanted. I wanted to hold him again. To feel my palm flat against his chest, where it belonged. But I would never get that chance again. Not while I lived.

- Meanwhile at Finch Labs

Pansy sat still at the very bottom of the tank she'd been forced in. The water was not fresh. Loaded with chemicals. The observation room around her was dark and all Pansy could think about was how much hope she'd lost. She hadn't seen Blaise in two weeks. Theodore in two months. She longed for the touch of her human. Wishing to go back to the time they spent together. Reliving some of her happiest moments. The lights flickered on in the observation room above, but Pansy didn't even flinch. She didn't care what they were doing, or what they were going to do. She'd been stuck in a cell for weeks. Only recently did they put her in the tank and throw in a mere bucket of fish to eat. Pansy ate the fish reluctantly, her only will for living being the snuffed out flicker of hope of seeing her small little pod again. It had just been Blaise, Theo, herself and a fourth party since they were guppies.

Pansy's Pov

Yes, there used to be four of us. Four of us that had been thrown out of our original pod. Four of us that survived seldom eating off the prey whome take refuge of what I now know to be Mage Island. Four of us who took care of each other. And then he was taken. We looked for years. Swimming from country to continent to island and everything in between. But we never found him, after five years of searching.

Then Theodore went missing. Out of the blue, he vanished. I don't know where he went. I don't even know if he's alive! For the past two months, Coru (Blaise) has been all I have since meeting my human, Hermione. Now I don't even know if he's alive too. I could be all alone in this sad, little tank with nothing on the outside to hope for.

Nothing at a-

Third Person

Two, enormous splashes sounded above Pansy's head and her tail jerked out of the position she had been sitting in for several hours. She looked up, past the bubbles distorting her view of whatever had fallen in the water. Her platinum eyes shone and the colour came back into her face and she felt her heart beat properly for the first time since she got to Finch Labs. The first thing she noticed was the deep blue, sapphire tail she had grown up swimming besides for so long. Pansy pushed off the ground and wrang her arms around Theodore's torso as he came too. Looking around. He finally met her white gaze and his eyes widened into a bright, very luminescent blue. She hugged him as they sank to the bottom of the tank. Theo fell into Pansy's lap and she lapped at his hair with her tongue, unbelieving that these bastards had had her pod brother locked up as she is.

The two mers didn't care that they were being watched as she took care of her little brother. All that mattered was him. Pansy could tell Theo wasn't hurt. Just a few scares and bruises, meaning they hadn't done as much to him as they did to her. She cradled Theo against her chest and he let out a seal like bark, cuddling into his older sister.

If only Coru were here then our little makeshift family would be complete...

Pansy thought sadly, knowing Theodore shared the burden as she nurtured him in her arms.

Who do you think the fourth mer in their pod is?

Also, If you're confused as to why Pansy is calling Blaise Coru   it's because Coruscare is blaze in Latin. You'll see later in the story that Pansy and Theo also have Latin nicknames.
Bye bishes🤗❤️🤘🏿