The Sheriff's Department

"Ay, Weasley. Sheriff wants to see ya,"

Ron groaned loudly. His head falling onto his desk at the Goldenville Sheriff's Department. As much as he loved his job, everyone hated the Sheriff. She was a mean old lady. Stout and plump with a toad like face. But she had the energy of a bullet and the aggressiveness of a tiger. A ferocious woman Delores Umbridge was. And everyone in the town knew it.
Ron slithered out of his seat and walked towards the door to her office, hesitating outside. He knocked and a falsetto voice chimed on the other side. "Come in!"
He walked into the room and gulped. "Your break was good, I presume?" Asked the Sheriff, to Ron's surprise. Watching all the memories flash past his eyes, Ron mustered a smile and nodded. "Great, because I need you, Potter, Longbottom and McMillan to scout the North and South beaches today. You'll be working in pairs, so I want you and.... McMillan on West Bay and Potter and Longbottom over on Conch. Can you do that for me, Deputy?" Umbridge asked, her voice sickeningly sweet. Ron nodded again. "Yes Sheriff," he made a move towards the door but nearly jumped when a wrinkly hand engulfed has arm, pulling him back.
"There have been five deaths already, on those beaches, Deputy. Don't let me make yours the sixth. Get. Me. That. Killer." Her eyes shone with malice and hatred, her pink lips curled into a sneer even Draco couldnt master. Without warning, Umbridge grinned, letting his arm go as if she had not just threatened him. Ron left the room in a hurry, not being able to stand her penetrating gaze. Or the amount of pink in the office. Her overly sweet smelling perfume wafting about. The type that made you nauseous. Dozens upon dozens of cat photographs staring at him as he left.

"You alright mate?" Harry chortled as Ron made his back to their conjoined desks. Ron shook his head and sighed. "You and Neville have to check on Conch Beach. You're lucky. I'd take you or Nev any day over McMillan," he groaned and Harry snorted into his hand. Ron shot him a sharp glare and Harry pursed his lips, trying  not to laugh. Just then, the door to the precinct opened and in came a fit, well-built man. The stubble on his chin was neatly shaved and he had a large smile on his well sculpted face. Brown hair with little blonde streaks nearly covered his eyes and he pushed the hair away with his left hand like he always did every morning, sitting at his desk. Harry and Ron ran over to the man, Harry plopping himself amidst his case files whilst Ron leaned on his chair.

"Harry! Ron! When d'you get back?!" Neville asked, curiosity swimming in his deep brown eyes. "Saturday," Ron answered and Neville nodded, his hand caressing his stubble. "Well you've got to tell me everything, haven't you?" Neville chuckled. Harry and Ron both discretely looked at each other, having a silent agreement that they would refrain from telling Neville everything.  "Unfortunately, Nev. Harry's gonna have to fill you in on the juicy details. I have to go to West Bay with McMillan. We'll all talk when I get back though?" He asked and, though disappointed they all couldn't go together, Neville and Harry nodded. "We should probably go to," Harry added, and he and Neville stood up, grabbing their coats. They bid Ron goodbye and the minute the double doors closed behind them, Ron groaned. For some reason, Ernie McMillan had always hated him. Well, hated everyone really. He didn't have a partner like Harry had Ron, and he never asked for one. He rarely spoke, and when he did, it was either to correct someone or to sneer a snide remark at someone other than the Sheriff. Speak of the devil, Ron mentally prepared himself.

Extremely striking hazel eyes hidden behind rectangular glasses skated over the entire precinct. His neat, sandy blonde hair bopping around his head as he walked right up to Ron. Ernie was about the same height as Ron, so both rarely were intimidated by each other. But that didn't stop them from trying. "Good morning, Ernest?" Ron asked, his voice falsely sweet. Ernie grinned sarcastically before rolling his eyes, his irritated expression falling back onto his face. "I'm sure Sheriff has debriefed you on today's exploits. Shall we go?" He asked and Ron nodded. The two walked out of the precinct and into Ernie's, Sheriff's Department Policing Vehicle No. 04.
The drive to the beach was silent and tense.  Once they got there, Ron immediately jumped out the truck and sighed, loving the  fresh air of the beach.
"I'll take the right, you take the left. We meet back in an hour before swapping?" He suggested. Ernie though for a while before nodding. The two went their separate ways and Ron smiled, glad to be shot of him. Families, surfers, children, dogs and joggers roamed the beach. All happily enjoying the morning breeze. He looked back and squinted. Far away in the distance he could barely make out the pale head of Ernie. He continued walking until his phone rang, shocking him a bit. It was Ernie?
"You need to come see this-" he panted on the other line and Ron's eyes widened as he started jogging to the opposite side of the beach where Ernie stood, trying to hoard off curious and frightened people. "There's a- excuse me ma'am, please stand back! There's a body," he snapped and Ron began sprinting even faster. His breath catching in his throat.

Hope you guys are enjoying so far!
Byeee bishes❤️🤘🏿🥰