Prologue

"Ready, Ron?" Called Harry, the ginger's best friend. Ron hoisted his large rucksack into the car before sighing. "Yeah, all done here!" He shouted to Harry who gave him a thumbs up. The summer trip was always Ron's favourite and he looked forward to it every year. Working as Assistant Investigator to Harry with him being the Head has been very hard these past few months with all the dissappearences. People have been vanishing left and right and his team can't figure out for the life of them where they had gone. The only clue is that they had all been killed or injured on the surrounding beaches. Which really wasn't a clue at all. It just made locals scared to go to the beach at night and he didn't blame them. "Are Draco and 'Mione meeting us there?" Ron asked and Harry nodded. "Draco said he'd call when he got to the airport. I don't know about Hermione though. She probably will anyway," he added and Ron nodded. His girlfriend was always forgetting to call. He and Harry jumped into Ron's car and they drove to the airport. Today, they would be going to a place Draco had picked out. Mage Island. He had heard things about the island. Some good and some blasphemy. Apparently, there were rumors going around that there were creatures lurking in the depths of the ocean surrounding Mage but he didn't believe it. Who could? After an hour of driving, Harry parked the car in the airport parking lot and he and Ron took a trolley to help carry their bags. "Harry! Ron!" They heard a familiar voice squeal and Ron and Harry grinned. Hermione had just came into view, carrying her own bags which she put down to give both boys a hug, and extra kiss on the cheek for Ron. "Is Draco here yet?" Harry asked, his cheeks burning slightly. "Speak of the devil." Ron smirked. Ron was sure they had all heard the roaring of Draco's car, seeing as it was a McLaren. A spot of white popped out of the expensive car and the three of them watched in amusement as Draco struggled to get what looked like five bags from his boot, situated in the front of his car. "And none of you are going to help? I instantly regret agreeing to come!" He complained and they chuckled before Harry and Ron helped Draco with his bags. Soon all of them were in the plane, first class, curtousy of Draco for letting him pick the location. Ron looked out of his window excitedly once they had taken off. The ocean looked gorgeous and clear, as if it was rippling with every shaky breath he took. Flying had never been his friend but he and traveling had always been companions since he was a child. If Ron didn't live on an island, making it so he did not have to take a plane, he'd travel every day. Hermione had held his hand during takeoff but he still felt queezy. The flight was quite long. Seven hours in the plane before they got to Mage International Airport. Soon, they left the airport in an Uber and headed to their hotel, which, this year, Harry got to pick out. Ron was bubbling with excitement. He never really got to go to the beach back at home, his work kept him from it. But now that it was his vacation, he wasn't going to leave. "It's so warm, I love it!" Hermione moaned in content and Ron nodded in agreement. Harry payed the driver and the four of them checked into their shared room. The large hotel room had two separate bedrooms. One for each couple and a lounge connecting the two with an open plan kitchen. "Get dressed bitches. We're going to the beach!" Draco grinned in excitement and Ron chuckled. Ron took of his clothes and opened his trunk. He put on red, orange and yellow swim shorts with Hawaiian style flowers on it and put on a loose white tank top. "Ready?" He asked and Harry, Hermione and Draco all nodded.
Draco, being the dramatic gay he is, was wearing rainbow coloured shorts with black D's everywhere and an unbuttoned Hawaiian style shirt. Harry was wearing the same shorts Ron was wearing except his colour skeem was green, not red and he wasn't wearing a shirt. Hermione was wearing a yellow two piece with a white and black striped romper on top. A big hat perched on her head. Ron grabbed Hermione's hand and they all walked to the beach, taking in the hot air. When the beach came into view, Draco ran into the water and sighed. "It's not cold!" He shouted back to them and Hermione took off her romper, going in after him. The water was so clear it looked almost magical to Ron as he watched in content as the water lapped at his feet with every wave. But for some reason, Ron could feel a set of eyes on him. He looked around but none of the beach's occupants were looking at him. Suddenly, the water got very high for a moment, going past his knees and he, like other people, jumped back. After a while, it went back and he continued to swim with his best friends. When it got dark, the islanders lit a bon fire in the sand and a beach party started. They started playing Eleven by Khalid and Ron couldn't help himself. He got out the water and started dancing with everyone. Moving in ways he didn't know he could move. To anyone else, Ron would have looked very seductive dancing as he did, but little did he know, something was there, staring at him as if he were an enticing snack. Because he was. After a few hours, the party died down and everyone went either home, or back to their hotels. Ron, Harry, Draco and Hermione went back to their hotel room and the other three fell asleep instantly, but Ron still had the adrenaline pumping through him. He needed to cool off some way, so he decided to leave a note saying he went on a walk around the beach to clear his head. He put on some sandals, a new pair of beach shorts and a different shirt, the front unbuttoned. He left the hotel and walked happily to the beach, reminiscing about the night before. He doesn't think he'd ever had so much fun at a beach party. He started humming the song he was dancing to at the party and smiled when he reached the dock jutting out a good distance into the water. He walked onto it and sat down, staring up at the star sky. Still humming. Suddenly, there was a loud splash from beneath him and he leaned over the dock slightly. The water was no longer clear like it had been during the day. It was now so dark Ron couldn't even see further than its surface. Then suddenly, the water became dangerously still. No movement. Just silent rippling here and there. Ron didn't like how eerie it was getting but he didn't want to leave. It was too peaceful to leave. So he sat back down, cross legged, looking out into the vast ocean of nothingness. He gave an almighty scream however, when something rose from the water. Dark, piercing, yellow eyes peeked over the edge of the dock and Ron's breath hitched. Was this what they were talking about?! Was this the thing the rumors had been going off about?! Cause if it is, Ron wanted to leave immediately. Soon, two clawed hands slammed against the dock and heaved. Hands became arms, arms became a torso, the torso became a chest, and with a shriek from Ron, the chest became a long, scaly tail. He heard the water below them start moving ominously.
Wad that thing's tail still in the water?! Ron couldn't move. The creature was staring him down, a hungry fire blazing in its eyes.

"You intrigue me, small human." Said the creature and Ron wanted to scream. That was the most inhumane voice he had ever heard. It rumbled out of the creature's throat and made the air reverberate around them. "I-you-please don't eat me?" Was the first thing that came out of Ron's mouth and he slapped his hand over his mouth. There's no point in asking for mercy! This thing is going to eat me anyway! It's yellow eyes seemed to follow Ron's every move and Ron couldn't help but tremble. The creature heaved itself closer, making it so they were only an inch apart. Ron wanted to stand and run but he still couldn't stop staring at the creature. It opened it's mouth to speak and Ron winced as his vision was obscured by flashing, sharp teeth.
"What are you doing here so late, small human?" Asked the thing and Ron was shocked as to how much English it knew.
"Are you going to answer me? Would you rather I eat you?" It asked and Ron's eyes widened, shaking his head. "What a-are you?" Ron managed to ask and the thing quirked a shockingky perfect eyebrow. "In your tongue, they call us Mers," it said and Ron nodded, trying to scoot back. But the Mer grabbed his waist and pulled him closer to the edge of the dock so they were only breaths apart. An abnormaly long and hot tongue lapped at his neck and before Ron could stop himself, he moaned. The tongue moved from his neck to his chest, then up again towards his cheek, making him moan even louder. The creature stopped and moved back an inch and Ron instantly felt cold. "Is that a way of seasoning your food?" He asked in a raspy voice, trying to ignore the burning feeling the Mer had left imprinted on his body. "Something like that-" it said and it took Ron all his might not to moan again when the thing chuckled. Like it's voice, it rumbled through the air and vibrated through him, making him shudder. Ron pursed his lips in shock. He had a tent in his pants. "What's your name?" He asked the Mer for something to do because he couldn't stand its penatrating gaze. "In your tongue, it would be...." The Mer thought for a while before mentally settling on something.
"Blaise," it said and Ron trembled. It said it with such power the tent in Ron's pants only grew. "Well....Blaise, I'm Ron." He said with the smallest hint of a smile and the Mer cocked it's head to the side in a slow, enticing movement. "Ron," it repeated and Ron pursed his lips tightly. Again, he wanted to moan at the sheer power of the things voice. Suddenly, the long, hot tongue returned and out of instinct, Ron lolled his head back in pleasure. "Why-ah. Why haven't you eaten me yet? Why are you licking me?" He asked breathlessly and the Mer's tongue traveled up to his cheek. "Do you want me to eat you?" It asked and Ron shook his head, whimpering a small no. "No matter how delicious you look, I couldn't eat something so....special." It said and Ron raised his eyebrows. There was a distant clattering and voice emmited from the town square, which was situated a few steops away from the beach. "People are coming!" He hissed but the Mer looked quite distressed. "Well see each other again, small human.... Ron," it said to him, giving his neck one last hot lick before it slipped into the water. Ron watched as the water reflected the now light blue sky and felt his heart skip a beat when the Mer jumped out of the water. It's tail was huge! Black and long with a mysterious shimmer to it. Probably a good nine feet. Ron could've sworn the thing winked at him before disappearing through the water's surface. As he walked back to the hotel, he couldn't stop thinking about the Mer's tongue passing over his body. How hot it had been, how good it had felt. 'Well see each other again," is what it had said.
Would they see each other again? Ron couldn't stop thinking. And if they did, would Ron be able to hold himself in?