The Shorts

Ron groaned. His back was aching and he was sure he had a lump on the back of his head. He wasn't on the couch where he had fallen asleep watching, Blaise the night before. No no. For some reason, he had woken up on the floor, his blanket long lost somewhere around the room. He forced his eyes open and shifted, gasping as he did.

The mer was not where he had left him...

Shit...

Ron jumped up and searched the living room. He was in some deep shit. What would happen if he had lost a whole ass mermaid in Draco's house?! What if the mer was like Ariel and didn't know a thing about 'his world'?! Ron looked inside the kitchen, he checked all the rooms, all the bathrooms and even ran down the next two blocks in case the mer found out how to use the keys. Ron was starting to really panic now. Suddenly something frightened him out of his scared state and he stared into the garden, slowly walking towards the patio. He squinted his eyes and peeked through the sliding door glass. There was a dark shadow in the pool and at times, bubbles would ascend from the shadow. Ron let out a long sigh of relief as another bubble surfaced, yet the dark shadow remained unnerved and still. A voice spoke in his ear and Ron screamed, jumping up.

"GAH! Calm down mate. It's just me, Draco. Your friend with the magical mermaid hands of healing," the blonde surgeon said and Ron leaned against his shoulder, panting wildly. "I'm sorry, but don't scare me like that! I'm already flipping my shit because there's a merman in the pool," he sighed and Draco snorted. "Well, your shit's about to be completely flipped because Harry is in the kitchen," Draco mused and Ron groaned. He started wondering if it was even wise to have told Draco that Blaise was a Mer like he did early that morning when the blonde had come into the kitchen for juice. It was quite the odd interaction but Ron was quite shocked when Draco seemed unfazed by the news. Apparently, Blaise had gills on his neck that Draco had been skeptical of as he was stitching him up, therefore he felt obliged to do some research. Though, Ron did commend him for his observations.

"Morning mate," A groggy, very tired sounding voice rung in Ron's ears. He turned away from Draco and addressed his best friend with the most convincing smile he could muster. "Morning. Please don't tell me that's the last of the chamomile?" He groaned, staring at the steaming mug in the bespectacled boy's hand. "Uh, no. There are still like..... Three tea bags left," he said and Ron sighed in relief. He was definitely going to need a large, hot cup of the soothing tea after today. "Anyway, why are you two just standing by the door? Going for a swim?" He asked and Ron blushed, immediately bee lining towards the TV, pulling Draco with him. "I-uh-we-"
"It looks like it's going to rain again. We were checking the clouds," Draco improvised and Ron mentally sighed. He wanted to get this over and done with. But that wouldn't happen until his girlfriend woke up, hopefully not too angry about when she found Blaise bandaged and sleeping on the couch the night before. "Dray, you can't lie to me. What's going on?" Harry sneered, narrowing his eyes at the two. Suddenly, his narrowed, emerald eyes widened and his mouth fell ajar. Ron and Draco glanced at each other before turning around, staring at the patio outside. "Why the hell is there a naked man standing on our patio?" Harry whispered, his tone changing from confusion to being plane lost. "He's not a man," Ron finally sighed, running a freckly hand through his ginger hair. "What do you mean 'not a man'?! His dick is huge!" Harry shrieked, so loudly and so furiously his mug slipped out of his hand and landed in multiple, little shards on the floor. Draco snickered into his hand. "He's a fish!" Ron grinned, attempting to lighten the frosty mood that had taken over the room. "Ron. Mermaids don't exist. But what does exist, are delusions. And I'm pretty sure you're having one now," Harry said slowly and Ron groaned, rolling his eyes. He glanced at Draco for help but the surgeon only shrugged and started picking up the broken pieces of Harry's mug. "Harry. You have to believe me. He was hurt last night, I found him on the beach. Draco stitched him up. He is a Mer," Ron said, trying his best not to aggravate his best friend further. "Prove it,"

Ron groaned again before taking Harry's arm, leading him outside. In all honesty, Ron had no clue how he was going to prove that Blaise was a Mer. The only option he could think of was pushing him into the water. But then he would be put on the Mer's menu and he wouldn't do that to himself. "Hey," Ron said sheepishly, gulping when Blaise turned around. "Your ocean is gross," the Mer said, motioning to the pool with a look of complete distain. "I-Its not an ocean. It's a pool, for humans," he said and Blaise narrowed his eyes. "It's too small." He said bluntly and Ron mentally sighed, having just about enough of the world. "Well you shouldn't have gotten a bloody hook stuck in your arm them! Maybe you'd still be gallivanting in the ocean with your fish friends and your large ass tail!" He snapped, causing Blaise and Harry to lift amused eyebrows. "Wait a moment. You're the guy we met on the beach the other day. With the white and blue shorts on!" Harry said, very confused. Blaise cocked his head.
"What are shorts?"

Hello! I know I haven't been updating at all lately and I'm getting back into it but incase you don't get bored, I've decided to publish this story I made earlier this year due to quarantine boredom. Should I attempt to continue?

Anyway, stay safe and byeeeee bishes ✌️❤😘